Christmas

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas

Originally Posted by nethead
Hey, it's now Norton/Radstock College (very posh )
As for the 'tha casn't kill cooch' I must be too civilised 'cause I haven't a clue what that means, well the cooch bit anyway. So where did you spend your friday nights?
A good mate of mine is from Gurney Slade. He's the only FT copper in that village now. We spent our Friday and Saturday nights in the local pubs around that area. Had a lot of fun coz you just don't get the crap you do in the towns. Pubs stayed open later with the doors locked as well. I learned all the Adge Cutler songs and several which emptied the bars on occasion.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze

Quit your bitchin', you were home eating leftovers and pickled onions and not at work, what could be better!
Getting paid for it
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
A good mate of mine is from Gurney Slade. He's the only FT copper in that village now. We spent our Friday and Saturday nights in the local pubs around that area. Had a lot of fun coz you just don't get the crap you do in the towns. Pubs stayed open later with the doors locked as well. I learned all the Adge Cutler songs and several which emptied the bars on occasion.
Been to The George, a few times, and The Mendip Inn does fab food nowadays.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:19 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Getting paid for it

LMAO!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Been to The George, a few times, and The Mendip Inn does fab food nowadays.
Also the Horse and Jockey and the Old Down Inn.
Did you ever go to the local events? Pilton Pop festival, etc?
Old Sep 24th 2006, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Also the Horse and Jockey and the Old Down Inn.
Did you ever go to the local events? Pilton Pop festival, etc?
Of course, I worked at Glasto for a few years, doing the backstage tickets for the pyramid and Other stages.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Of course, I worked at Glasto for a few years, doing the backstage tickets for the pyramid and Other stages.
Oh no, another Hawkwind fan....
What a small world indeed.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 8:01 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Yeah, year before last. Try eating food with gravy on it off paper plates. My SIL's son has never eaten off real plates in his entire life!
No booze because MIL is an alcoholic, even though she runs down to the basement to down a few every 5 mins, and burns all the food because she's f--ked. FIL eats with a pen knife, and brother in law descibes what he'll do to various people in the local town (take them behind the woodpile and kill them) Other SIL drinks out of a mason jar. As there's no room at the house for us we have to sleep in a draughty cabin three miles up the road,with no running water. and usually with 2 feet of snow on the ground.
So yeah, you could say I'm happy not to be spening Christmas at the out-laws
Sarah, what a pity you didn't get it all on film, it sounds too good to miss. Reminds me of Cold Comfort Farm by Stella gibbons
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Was it you that got Christmas dinner on paper plates last year?
sarah we have the same in-laws!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

luivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
My in laws are very similar to Sarah's with Bible bashing thrown in I could not believe that the Man I married came from them in any way shape or form, he him self is very embarrassed from what he comes from.
Hehe. My ex-hubby's family are Pennsyltuckey bible basher's too.

Sarah, I empathise. Keep brandy in a flask in your handbag. It used to work for me

Andrea
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

luivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
I have always refused to work boxing day in the states and have never had a problem. Everyone that I have worked for has understood that it is a British holiday and have never questioned me not working.
I am so lucky. 7 people at my company. 4 1/2 are Brits. We force the yanks to take boxing day off

Andrea