Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Children And Long Haul Flights!

Wikiposts

Children And Long Haul Flights!

Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children And Long Haul Flights!

Originally Posted by nethead
Have to say, when we flew over to the US from Heathrow with BA most of the BA staff were a$$holes. Most of us were seated in the row but one from the very back of the plane. The row behind was being used by the cabin crew as rest/sleeping area. Everytime our 2 year old made a sound the biNT behind kicked my husband in the back, I could have punched her bleeding lights out by the time we landed.

Annette
I would have asked to see the CSS/pursar about that one
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:14 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If an adult disrupted a flight like I've seen some kids do they would be arrested as soon as it lands so in my opinion if kids misbehave on a flight the parents should be arrested.
Why should other people have to put up with someone else's kids screaming in their ears for 8 hours (especially kids old enough to know better ie over the age of 5) ??

If you do decide to do this (and I am sure whenever you tell the story, it will end with the words "The last time I ever do that again!!"), I only have a few words of advice for you:
1) Duct Tape- can be used for imobilising child and assists in quieting them down when properly placed.
2) Valium or similar depressant- properly dosed the children will be easier to manage- knock'em out and wheen'em around in luggage carts. Or better yet- pet carriers.
Note- Valium (40mg or so) also will help calm your nerves during or after this experience. Might try a few shots of Scotch with the Valium... I hear it helps.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers
I would have asked to see the CSS/pursar about that one
Yeah, well we intended making a formal complaint to BA, but I think we were just so relieved that the journey had ended without bloodshed, we never did.

Annette
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:17 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Yeah, well we intended making a formal complaint to BA, but I think we were just so relieved that the journey had ended without bloodshed, we never did.Annette
I had that seat on a Vrgin flight once ... I'm now banned ...
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:18 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If an adult disrupted a flight like I've seen some kids do they would be arrested as soon as it lands so in my opinion if kids misbehave on a flight the parents should be arrested.
Why should other people have to put up with someone else's kids screaming in their ears for 8 hours (especially kids old enough to know better ie over the age of 5) ??
have to say that's the comments i've heard from lots of passengers. unless one is booked on a bucket and spade flight lots of ba pax have work to go to when they reach their final destination...last thing they want is other people's kids screaming down their ear hole... that's part of the reason they travel up front to escape.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ironporer
If you do decide to do this (and I am sure whenever you tell the story, it will end with the words "The last time I ever do that again!!"), I only have a few words of advice for you:
1) Duct Tape- can be used for imobilising child and assists in quieting them down when properly placed.
2) Valium or similar depressant- properly dosed the children will be easier to manage- knock'em out and wheen'em around in luggage carts. Or better yet- pet carriers.
Note- Valium (40mg or so) also will help calm your nerves during or after this experience. Might try a few shots of Scotch with the Valium... I hear it helps.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:22 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
have to say that's the comments i've heard from lots of passengers. unless one is booked on a bucket and spade flight lots of ba pax have work to go to when they reach their final destination...last thing they want is other people's kids screaming down their ear hole... that's part of the reason they travel up front to escape.
Yep - its harsh but I don't see any difference between children on flights and children in restaurants or the cinema (which seems to be a uniquely US thing thankfully).
Of the 3 incidents I've seen that have really p*ssed me off 2 involved the parents dosing their kids up to the nines with soft drinks during the start of the flight - one was even giving a toddler coke in a bottle :scared:
Hardly surpirsing then when the little sh*ts run amuck for the next 6 hours, and they probably slept for the 10 hours after the flight
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

A while back a flight attendant was prosecuted for adding a sedative to a disruptive child's drink.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:27 am
Account Closed

A while back a flight attendant was prosecuted for adding a sedative to a disruptive child's drink.

lol only one
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Just asking, dose anyone know of something simmerla to Calpol from back home, because I'v got a feeling might need something to slow the little man down
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

lol only one
only one she admitted to
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:39 am
Account Closed

only one she admitted to

seriously totally out of order and irresponsible.... i used to take the kids onto the flight deck to annoy the flight crew , give the parents a break and give me something to do
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Just asking, dose anyone know of something simmerla to Calpol from back home, because I'v got a feeling might need something to slow the little man down
I only know the ones that gee my little man up ....
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic

he's excited coz dad's home
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Two points

1.I'm bloody glad I've never come across your miserable face and helpful attitude when I've been flying with my kids
2.The wife and little one will be travelling "up front" when they go back to the UK in March. His ticket was a few dollars short of full price - are you suggesting he shouldn't be allowed up there ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.