Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

cheap flights

cheap flights

Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default cheap flights

After spending a month looking for cheap flights so i could accompany hubby on a business trip to Las Vegas i drew a total blank, the cheapest was $600 so hes gone and I'm sitting here at home feeling all left out
Anyways i just had a short chat with my neighbour and she told me about a site called http://www.airtran.com/ and hey presto a flight for only $300 or so, of course now its too late for me to travel but they do have some good deals on flights within the US so i thought i'd pass it on.

Jan

San Fran for only $109 each wayy ... ohhhh !!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:03 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future
Default Re: cheap flights

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
After spending a month looking for cheap flights so i could accompany hubby on a business trip to Las Vegas i drew a total blank, the cheapest was $600 so hes gone and I'm sitting here at home feeling all left out
Anyways i just had a short chat with my neighbour and she told me about a site called http://www.airtran.com/ and hey presto a flight for only $300 or so, of course now its too late for me to travel but they do have some good deals on flights within the US so i thought i'd pass it on.

Jan

AirTran being a low cost operator.

Surprised you couldn't find anything, but I guess it depends on the airports you chose. Using AirTran's Flint to Vegas route at Expedia.com I found AirTran and ATA for $300, and Delta, Continental and Northwest for $400.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Box
AirTran being a low cost operator.

Surprised you couldn't find anything, but I guess it depends on the airports you chose. Using AirTran's Flint to Vegas route at Expedia.com I found AirTran and ATA for $300, and Delta, Continental and Northwest for $400.

I wasnt originally looking at Flint, I was looking from Traverse City, Pellston and Grand Rapids, it was only when my neighbour mentioned to me that she had found cheap flights on that site that i looked that far away. oh well ..... just thought the link might help others
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:31 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

I wasnt originally looking at Flint, I was looking from Traverse City, Pellston and Grand Rapids, it was only when my neighbour mentioned to me that she had found cheap flights on that site that i looked that far away. oh well ..... just thought the link might help others
Somebody may find it useful. Low cost operators often operate from out of the way airports...

Maybe I shouldn't mention that Grand Rapids-Vegas is $300 with American, Continental, Northwest, United and ATA. Traverse City and Pellston were $500 and $700 respectively.

Being flexible with airports/stops and dates/times is the best way to get good rates.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by James Box
Somebody may find it useful. Low cost operators often operate from out of the way airports...

Maybe I shouldn't mention that Grand Rapids-Vegas is $300 with American, Continental, Northwest, United and ATA. Traverse City and Pellston were $500 and $700 respectively.

Being flexible with airports/stops and dates/times is the best way to get good rates.
good prices today .. from TVC on sunday was $1,000 and Pellston was $1,200 ... its all about the timing
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:44 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

poor Jan! now you know for next time!

I've been looking at flight prices and I discovered Travellersweb.com and mobissimo travel with both you can type in your info and they do all the searching for you , what's nice is you can easily play with the dates and airports to find the cheapest, assuming you can be flexible
Old Sep 15th 2004, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this!

Jan