Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

cartoon controversy

cartoon controversy

Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:18 pm
Banned

tawni68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cartoon controversy

I am a British expat. living in Canada, and I have a daughter who was reprimanded by her Art teacher for drawing the comic I have posted below. I was just wondering if the same cartoon would be deemed offensive by Americans...are Canadians prudish?

Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cartoon controversy

Originally Posted by tawni68
I am a British expat. living in Canada, and I have a daughter who was reprimanded by her Art teacher for drawing the comic I have posted below. I was just wondering if the same cartoon would be deemed offensive by Americans...are Canadians prudish?
Hi:

I wonder if the reprimand would apply if the guy had light hair and a smaller nose? In the old Nazi propaganda, the assailant has Jewish "racial" characteristics while in today's climate he looks Middle Eastern.

Also, many feminists object to the idea that PMS might affect their thinking. Others I know say they are aware of it and compensate just fine. Other than that, I am making no comment.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:04 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...8/pmskills.jpg
Thats my wife
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It would have been more acceptable to use a tazer
Love the socks though
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I love it. I have days like that.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:22 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...8/pmskills.jpg

Funny I saw that picture on an Evanescene Forum, Here
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:49 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Funny I saw that picture on an Evanescene Forum, Here
Isn't that interesting? There's a strong scent of BS on this thread. Perhaps the OP would like to explain?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Isn't that interesting? There's a strong scent of BS on this thread. Perhaps the OP would like to explain?
Could be a seven post wonder ...and all 7 are on this subject ...
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:04 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Could be a seven post wonder ...and all 7 are on this subject ...
7-post-wonder?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:09 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
It shows up a few times Googled with the results ommited. I like Asterix as well in the Album.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Sep 20th 2008 at 10:22 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wait a minute.. what is the dealio? The OP has posted this around the net under the same user name and has been doing so since at least 2004??
He also says he's a guy.
And admits he was copying the style of Asterix.

Why is the internet so full of freaks.

Hi, I'm forty and have a daughter of 17 who is obsessed with a strange cartoon that she drew about a year ago. I know this sounds crazy but I'm very concerned. She has made hundreds of copies of it, e-mailed it everywhere... her room is littered with this one image...I have tried asking her what it means but she dismisses my concern, saying, "it's just a comic, mom!". I have no idea what it means to her...I find it disconcerting...any opinions would be welcomed. I have posted her picture below.

....I really worry about her...I mean, she has photocopied so many of the same picture. More than, I'd say, 50 that know of ,just on our home printer. I know she likes showing it to guys I wonder if it's a sexual thing? Maybe I'm reaching

Reaching? Maybe not.

Last edited by meauxna; Sep 20th 2008 at 10:42 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:08 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wait a minute.. what is the dealio? The OP has posted this around the net under the same user name and has been doing so since at least 2004??
He also says he's a guy.
And admits he was copying the style of Asterix.

Why is the internet so full of freaks.

Hi, I'm forty and have a daughter of 17 who is obsessed with a strange cartoon that she drew about a year ago. I know this sounds crazy but I'm very concerned. She has made hundreds of copies of it, e-mailed it everywhere... her room is littered with this one image...I have tried asking her what it means but she dismisses my concern, saying, "it's just a comic, mom!". I have no idea what it means to her...I find it disconcerting...any opinions would be welcomed. I have posted her picture below.

....I really worry about her...I mean, she has photocopied so many of the same picture. More than, I'd say, 50 that know of ,just on our home printer. I know she likes showing it to guys I wonder if it's a sexual thing? Maybe I'm reaching

Reaching? Maybe not.
Weird.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:18 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Weird.
I'll second that. What a very, very odd thing.

I wonder if the image is hosted somewhere where they're harvesting IP addresses, or some such? EDIT: No, it's hosted on Photobucket.

As meauxna says, the net is full of real freaks!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:59 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with other comments, this is a weird one. OP looks like he/she has been doing this all over the internet. So I'm closing this thread and banning OP.