Carlisle UK to Clare MI in 2005 - Hello Michigan

Carlisle UK to Clare MI in 2005 - Hello Michigan

Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

jenfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carlisle UK to Clare MI in 2005 - Hello Michigan

Hi there.

Mr Jenfen here.

After spending 2 years here in the UK we have decided to make the move to the US so that Jen can be closer to her family who she misses terribly.

We will be filing the I - 130 and associated forms come the new year and selling up in spring in order to be ready to go in late summer. We hope to raise enough to clear all our debt to start afresh in the US. We will very likely have no savings once we take care of our commitments here, but Jens family will be taking care of us once we get there so no rent to worry about and they have a spare car for us to use. So although it will be tight for a while we should be ok.

I have been browsing through the site for weeks and have just a couple of questions.

Am I right in thinking that once the I 130 granted I have 6 months to use it?

I am a nurse here in UK. But I hold the booby prise of qualifications. I am a children's nurse with an RN (Child) qualification, useless in the US. What are the options for employment in the US health sector as a nursing assistant while retraining, would I get any credit for my uk nurse training from a US college? (I am in the process of getting my transcript from Napier uni together)

Any help or advice you guys can give would be very appreciated.

Thanks for listening

Kel.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carlisle UK to Clare MI in 2005 - Hello Michigan

Originally posted by jenfen
Hi there.

Mr Jenfen here.

After spending 2 years here in the UK we have decided to make the move to the US so that Jen can be closer to her family who she misses terribly.

We will be filing the I - 130 and associated forms come the new year and selling up in spring in order to be ready to go in late summer. We hope to raise enough to clear all our debt to start afresh in the US. We will very likely have no savings once we take care of our commitments here, but Jens family will be taking care of us once we get there so no rent to worry about and they have a spare car for us to use. So although it will be tight for a while we should be ok.

I have been browsing through the site for weeks and have just a couple of questions.

I am a nurse here in UK. But I hold the booby prise of qualifications. I am a children's nurse with an RN (Child) qualification, useless in the US. What are the options for employment in the US health sector as a nursing assistant while retraining, would I get any credit for my uk nurse training from a US college? (I am in the process of getting my transcript from Napier uni together)

Thanks for listening

Kel.

Morning. I would try posting this in the visa section for the 130 question, and the nursing section for the nursing questions. We have some nurses on this board so you should get some help. Good luck.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 1:52 am
Just Joined

1969jack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

Mr Jenfen here.

Thanks for listening

Kel.
with the nursing shortage here I would be VERY surprised if you were unable to get a job here or if your RN qualifcations were unacceptable.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

fact, RNC is not recognised by the US. You have to take a 2/3 year course to make up your qualification. This is as of January this year when I moved here (soon to be ex wife is a RNC)
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

jenfen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by USBound
fact, RNC is not recognised by the US. You have to take a 2/3 year course to make up your qualification. This is as of January this year when I moved here (soon to be ex wife is a RNC)

I know this already, but thanks anyway.

Kel.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

vinnic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

Mr Jenfen here.

Thanks for listening

Kel.
Try browsing the alt.visa.us.marriage-based forum on British Expats.com. They have plenty of postings on K3s and I-130s, and perhaps you could find more about nursing there too. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for listening

Kel.
Hi
I am a RN in the process of immigration and on another web site I visit there has been a few questions re training for similar situations as yours and apparently you can just do the hours required to bring your training up to match theirs. But it needs to be with a recognised training school and there will be a payment. Have sent you a PM with the website address so you can have a look yourself.

Anna