Reload this Page >

Car question ?

Car question ?

Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:37 pm
Banned

Pistonbroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car question ?

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Do you have a link? I just looked at The site and it said 40 miles, 50 max on about four or five different pages. Maybe you saw a km number mislabeled.

http://www.vauxhall-ampera.co.uk/ind...eng/ampera/faq

Mechanically this is the same as the volt except for the charging port. The front of the Opal/Vauxhall is different than the Volt but that shouldn't result in any major mph difference. I also read that 220 charging of the batteries should not drastically change the range vs 110 which is the US standard.
My appologies ... it was in fact Yahoo uk site I read it on (I just did a search).
In any case I don't see what point it is when a Nissan leaf which WILL do 3 times the miles is far cheaper anyway.
I live a bit south of saratoga and don't see the use of an electric car that does only 40 miles on a charge ?, that would get me to work, but not back.