Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can I buy a gun?

Can I buy a gun?

Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I buy a gun?

Originally Posted by fatbrit
He was going on the other week about how much gun prices have risen. I suggested it would be a good time, then, to get rid of a gross or so of weapons and make a tidy buck. You could have heard a pin drop for the hour after i suggested that. SWMBO kicked me under the table.
There is a shortage of M16 style rifle ...at the moment ...
selling as they expct the ban to be re-introduced
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:42 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There is a shortage of M16 style rifle ...at the moment ...
selling as they expct the ban to be re-introduced
I wish I'd bought a bunch of those when the prices dropped like a rock after the ban expired. I could close to double my money now. But it's not only the AR's that are more expensive, it seems like everything has skyrocketed, standard 10/22 carbines going for close to $300 new!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I wish I'd bought a bunch of those when the prices dropped like a rock after the ban expired. I could close to double my money now. But it's not only the AR's that are more expensive, it seems like everything has skyrocketed, standard 10/22 carbines going for close to $300 new!
My 10/22 was $169 in 2004 ...
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
My 10/22 was $169 in 2004 ...
My first was $125 in '87, second was $210 in '07 but it was the longer "rifle" verson.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:39 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
My first was $125 in '87, second was $210 in '07 but it was the longer "rifle" verson.
Ah!! the walmart model perhaps ...
Going to a gun show on the 1st March ..might find a new toy ..
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:49 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Ray
Ah!! the walmart model perhaps ...
Going to a gun show on the 1st March ..might find a new toy ..
It wasn't wall mart, first one was purchased at a department store that is now out of business and the second was purchased at a local gun shop.

Edit: Ahh, I see what you mean from the Wiki... Mine is the 20" "Rifle" version, not the Walmart exclusive 22".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_10/22

Last edited by another bloody yank; Feb 12th 2009 at 3:53 pm.