Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling all Texas drunks

Calling all Texas drunks

Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:54 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Texas drunks

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Americans drink but surely we don't get drunk! Why that's just lewd!

Americans need to actually THINK ABOUT TOUGH PROBLEMS rather than switching on American Idol or the next sports match.
Unfortunately the tea total church goer's that think drinking is evil and the devil's work and I guess most of them make the laws round these parts.

I still think its great that you can go to a sports bar over here where they have several games going on and fans for all the teams and there's never any trouble just light hearted banter.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
Unfortunately the tea total church goer's that think drinking is evil and the devil's work and I guess most of them make the laws round these parts.

I still think its great that you can go to a sports bar over here where they have several games going on and fans for all the teams and there's never any trouble just light hearted banter.
right on both counts.

You can also go to a sports match (assuming you can afford entry) and walk away without feeling like the other team's supporters are going to kill you if "your" team happened to win the match.

Now, if we could just get our prudish and hypocritical attitudes towards sex and drink straight....
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Americans need to actually THINK ABOUT TOUGH PROBLEMS rather than switching on American Idol or the next sports match.
speaking of though, cracking college games lastnight.....who'd have thought Duke and Gonzaga eh....
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You can also go to a sports match (assuming you can afford entry) and walk away without feeling like the other team's supporters are going to kill you if "your" team happened to win the match.
I don't know...you walk into a bar in Boston with a skankies cap on and you might be in for an interesting night
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:24 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't know...you walk into a bar in Boston with a skankies cap on and you might be in for an interesting night
Bit bazaar to see a guy walk into the bar with the full American football kit on helmet tights and all, only in America. Well I should know better by now hell they dress up for every holiday event here.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:26 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
Bit bazaar to see a guy walk into the bar with the full American football kit on helmet tights and all, only in America. Well I should know better by now hell they dress up for every holiday event here.
Damn, I live in Dallas Cowboy and Texas Longhorn country and have yet to see the above unless it's one of the players.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:49 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
When the Navy was based there, we had a "terrace house" line of pubs one after another, you literally staggered no more than 10 feet from one door to the next.....now thats drinking
I'm sure some folk here would still find an excuse to drive from one to the next FIL has been known to move the car 3 times cos he was going to 3 different shops in the same strip......
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I'm sure some folk here would still find an excuse to drive from one to the next FIL has been known to move the car 3 times cos he was going to 3 different shops in the same strip......
When in Rome....LOL...