Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:55 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Oh well ... hard hat time ... oh, what a (not) glorious war ... just got time to run for a concrete bunker ...

Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:57 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
In what way? Please elaborate ...
He's a party-liner who has never dissented from the agenda of the socially conservative far-right. He shows absolutely no creative thinking and has an extremely short track record as a federal justice -- certainly NOT the length of service a SCOTUS judge should have.

His nomination is a tribute to the many years of serving the Bush family agenda well, not because he's a fair or intelligent judge.

Bush has either lost it or is extremely stupidly stubborn -- or both! because this kind of nomination does NOT promote any sort of unity between the parties. And he wonders why his nominees come under political pressure? Get real.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:57 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yes, actually it was, and the 2000 election was *very* close.

Read my lips:

Bush Has No Mandate.
I honestly believe you live in a fantasy world of your own

p.s. I'd love to see YOU go and hide out in Canada!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Nope, not me Elfman! LOL!
But I like the way this person thinks!
How did I miss this??????

We all know what Republicans are don't we?

Who's moaning about underhanded tactics? It's not like the Republicans would do the same if the situation was reversed is it???
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:00 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

He's a party-liner who has never dissented from the agenda of the socially conservative far-right. He shows absolutely no creative thinking and has an extremely short track record as a federal justice -- certainly NOT the length of service a SCOTUS judge should have.

His nomination is a tribute to the many years of serving the Bush family agenda well, not because he's a fair or intelligent judge.

Bush has either lost it or is extremely stupidly stubborn -- or both! because this kind of nomination does NOT promote any sort of unity between the parties. And he wonders why his nominees come under political pressure? Get real.

He's not supposed to be creative - that's what the liberals do with interpreting the constitution - not the conservatives.

It's not Bush's job to unite the parties - and oh yeah....we see the democrats doing that ALL the time

Welcome to planet earth.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:01 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. I'd love to see YOU go and hide out in Canada!
Sorry, can't. Besides, I can get more done by remaining here.

If you barely squeak into office in the US, you have a mandate. If you barely squeak into the PM seat in the UK, everyone immediately says you'll have to begin making concessions.

Why the difference?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
How did I miss this??????

We all know what Republicans are don't we?

Who's moaning about underhanded tactics? It's not like the Republicans would do the same if the situation was reversed is it???
I have no clue how your post is a reply to mine??
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I have no clue how your post is a reply to mine??
It's not. Lets all make fun of Right Wing, Republican, Rxxxxxxxx.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:05 pm

It's not. Lets all make fun of Right Wing, Republican, Rxxxxxxxx.
Alright ASL
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:06 pm
pingu

Originally Posted by elfman
Read it again: I didn't say that everyone who voted for Bush was an evangelical or single issue voter, I said that that group of voters basically held the balance of power in the election, and that the republicans are particularly adept at pandering to them to secure their votes.

As for the democrats resorting to underhand tactics because they lost the election, hello pot, meet kettle.
And I'm sure just as many people voted for Kerry for his stance on those issues, and that the election was really won and lost on completely different issues in each candidate's manifesto. I know that it's hard for the anti-Bush lobby to believe that he won fair and square, but don't worry; he'll be gone in 3 years.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pingu
And I'm sure just as many people voted for Kerry for his stance on those issues, and that the election was really won and lost on completely different issues in each candidate's manifesto. I know that it's hard for the anti-Bush lobby to believe that he won fair and square, but don't worry; he'll be gone in 3 years.
Mmmm, how many voters actually read the manifestos?

I would be inclined to believe most people voted on what they heard on TV.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alright ASL
Now you're just being nasty.

There's only one way to breed out Republicans... pre-marital, no strings attached, interracial sex.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:12 pm
Lapine Member

Mmmm, how many voters actually read the manifestos?

I would be inclined to believe most people voted on what they heard on TV.
Or were lied to about, like Iraq was connected with September 11th, and that there was convincing evidence that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

Or who have assholes like Rove working for him, assholes who are willing to put intelligence workers into harm's way as a form of political retaliation, in a time when we desperately need good intelligence information (which apparently we did not get about the Iraqis possessing WMDs).

You can say that you like the Republican platform, ideology, agenda.... but Bush is a lying, conniving idiot.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:24 pm

Now you're just being nasty.

There's only one way to breed out Republicans... pre-marital, no strings attached, interracial sex.
I'm nasty for calling you stupid, but it's okay to call all Republicans racists?

Are you living on Planet Snowbunny too?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:25 pm

Bush is a lying, conniving idiot.
Well according to you then, Another Stupid Limey and Bush should get along really well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.