British TV

Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British TV

Originally Posted by British American Family
Sorry, did I sound spammy? I did not mean to. Was just trying to help. We do use a proxy.
Well it was a first post, mentioning a service which does look spammy.

Benefit of the doubt was given though by not banning you
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Funstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond repute

Search on eBay for a mag250 and a then get an ip tv service. Not the cheapest option but you will have all uk channels while in the us.

A friend of mine just moved to japan and I set this up for him. Cost is about £300 per year but he wanted sky sports for the rugby and football. Legalities are similar to the roku channels.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 1:01 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
The easiest way is to just go to www.filmon.com. You get the main free to air channels for free. If you have an ipad, you can buy an HDMI connector that allows you to connect your ipad to the tv and the picture will stream onto the tv. It's an excellent service and it's free. As said, VPN's allow you to watch iPlayer, ITV player etc. What they basically do is trick the iPlayer etc, into thinking you are still in the UK allowing you to use the service. I too use tunnel bear. Costs me $3 a month on my ipad. To install, go to the relevant site on your laptop, or download the app from the App Store on your ipad, and the software will be automatically downloaded.
I got tunnelbear for my ipad too, so far it has been fantastic, and easy peasy to set up. Like you say $3.00 is a bargain for a month, I got access to iplayer to see what I wanted and netflix.co.uk to order the in laws subscription for Christmas and that's all I needed it for - job done!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Duh, wrong thread, need coffee.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 1:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

a techy friend of mine sent this to me... which is what he uses in France because he works from home with sensitive info and can't allow dodgey stuff near his computers.
"Sabai Technology offers stress-free VPN tunnelling! Why struggle to configure VPN on a router when you can get clientless VPN on practically any device with a Sabai VPN Router?"
haven't bought one yet, cost is about $150 to buy then there's $50 a year to get a UK ISP address.

anyone used this?
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
a techy friend of mine sent this to me... which is what he uses in France because he works from home with sensitive info and can't allow dodgey stuff near his computers.
"Sabai Technology offers stress-free VPN tunnelling! Why struggle to configure VPN on a router when you can get clientless VPN on practically any device with a Sabai VPN Router?"
haven't bought one yet, cost is about $150 to buy then there's $50 a year to get a UK ISP address.

anyone used this?
There are cheaper options....and it's also really not that hard to configure a router if you wanted to go that route or the DNS route.

Having a client app or manual configuring per device really isn't a problem either.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
Looked at this after you posted and saw all the UK channels there but have been back since and can only see Quest now - has something changed?
Sorry, lost track of this thread. Just checked FilmOn and all the UK channels are still there for me. You may need to just register. When you do, make sure you choose UK as your location and hopefully they should then become visible.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, lost track of this thread. Just checked FilmOn and all the UK channels are still there for me. You may need to just register. When you do, make sure you choose UK as your location and hopefully they should then become visible.
I have visited FilmOn and registered, but I do not see any UK channels whatsoever. What am I missing?

A search for "bbc" in the channels list brings up BBC Music Magazine as the only thing bearing any resemblance to BBC.

At the bottom of the page, I have the language set to "English" with a graphic of the Union Jack. Is that what you mean by location?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Just loaded Tunnelbear onto my iPad and watched Match of The Day. Worked absolutely great. Thanks folks
Old Nov 28th 2013, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

No, I think that is just the language the site displays in. I logged out of filmon and the UK channels disappeared. If I remember correctly, when I registered, it asked me where I was and I said UK. Whenever I open the app or log onto filmon.com I see UK live tv in the left menu.
Just tried registering again. It should ask you what country and city you're in. Just chose UK and a city and you should be good to go.

Last edited by markonline1; Nov 28th 2013 at 3:52 am.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 1:08 am
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

No, I think that is just the language the site displays in. I logged out of filmon and the UK channels disappeared. If I remember correctly, when I registered, it asked me where I was and I said UK. Whenever I open the app or log onto filmon.com I see UK live tv in the left menu.
Just tried registering again. It should ask you what country and city you're in. Just chose UK and a city and you should be good to go.
I can only seem to get the UK channels to work if I use a UK VPN (or was that the original intent?)
Old Nov 29th 2013, 11:05 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I can only seem to get the UK channels to work if I use a UK VPN (or was that the original intent?)
Of course that's the case, because the servers are tricked into thinking that you are attempting to access the content from the UK - if you need to access US content you should remove the IP address.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

I get FilmOn UK channels without the need for using a VPN. If you've registered an account and chose the UK as your location, if you can't see the UK channels when you've logged in, then that's strange.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 6:34 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Of course that's the case, because the servers are tricked into thinking that you are attempting to access the content from the UK - if you need to access US content you should remove the IP address.
No, I thought the point was that you could see the UK channels without using a VPN.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, I thought the point was that you could see the UK channels without using a VPN.
Correct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.