British TV

Old Nov 29th 2013, 8:35 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British TV

Originally Posted by civilservant
Of course that's the case, because the servers are tricked into thinking that you are attempting to access the content from the UK - if you need to access US content you should remove the IP address.
Or remove the X-Proxy-IP header.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
I get FilmOn UK channels without the need for using a VPN. If you've registered an account and chose the UK as your location, if you can't see the UK channels when you've logged in, then that's strange.
We're the same, we get all the FilmON UK channels without using the VPN, though when our subscription comes up for renewal we then use the VPN to renew it, otherwise you don't get the choice of those channels.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 1:27 pm
Banned

Moiz is an unknown quantity at this point

just get a VPN and your life will be easy, problem will be solved, feel free to ask suggestions for vpns
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

MediaHint just works for me for the BBC and 4OD. Wifey wanted to watch the Welsh detective drama Y Gwyll on S4C Clic and it didn't work. I downloaded Expat Shield and now it does.

BTW Y Gwyll is pretty good - you can watch it in Welsh with English subtitles now or wait until the new year when it will be on BBC4 re-filmed in English as Hinterland.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

clars is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rpjs
MediaHint just works for me for the BBC and 4OD. Wifey wanted to watch the Welsh detective drama Y Gwyll on S4C Clic and it didn't work. I downloaded Expat Shield and now it does.

BTW Y Gwyll is pretty good - you can watch it in Welsh with English subtitles now or wait until the new year when it will be on BBC4 re-filmed in English as Hinterland.
I'd also recommend MediaHint - works perfectly. It installs as a firefox extension and I can access iPlayer in HD with no problems. I have grown to hate this whole geoblocking thing, especially in the EU where people should be able to watch each others channels.

And look at how popular iPlayer is: http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...s-or-tv-shows/

It would be cool to see it opened up to an international audience, even if it just meant news, current affairs and so on. I'm sure the BBC would do really well in terms of advertising.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

tennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond repute

I have some experience doing this without an Internet connection. I'm literally out in the sticks, we don't have Broadband and DishNet seems very expensive. I thought, well why not make my own iPlayer?

I left my PC with my dad and have him record Freeview though Windows Media Center with a DVB-T dongle attached for the signal. Every few months I mail a small hard drive to him to copy the DVR files across and either watch on my laptop or one of those "Chrome Cast sticks" plugged into the TV.

He pays the TV license and I pay the shipping costs of around $20 every 3 months. You don't need internet for this and can keep your shows forever, so no need for those DVD box sets.

One thing to bear in mind if you don't have a new TV here in the states. It might be square not letter box shaped, so the picture can look distorted and they use less lines in their NTSC than the UK PAL system; Which because Freeview uses 500+lines your BritTV looks like High Def on an old TV here. Freeview HD shows don't work well on our TV at all, I had to transcode down to 720P and encode the audio as MP3 so it would play on Android. It can get complex, making the .WTV files from Windows media Center into MP4 files for Android, in which case just use a Windows Laptop.

NBC show Premier League games, ESPN don't do so well with this. BBC America is rubbish. NPT (Public Television) show things like Downton Abbey, Miranda, Outnumbered and BBC World News at 10pm.

(PS. The iPlayer radio app will let you listen to Radio 4 for sure and some footie matches are carried on the Talk Sport Live app, an app called TuneIn Radio will let you listen to BBC Local Radio stations for free.)

Last edited by tennesseestud; Dec 13th 2013 at 3:23 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have cable where you are? Of ten cable companies offer reasonable deals and most provide high speed internet - and it's not only cheaper than satellite, but it's a lot more reliable too!
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

tennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond repute

Nope no cable TV out here.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have cable here either. I get t'internet via a radio tower.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Yup thats the best way here too.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yup thats the best way here too.