Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British humour in the US

Wikiposts

British humour in the US

Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:16 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British humour in the US

Originally Posted by skybluesue
Was on the same flight to Spain(years ago) with johnny Briggs aka Mike Baldwin...what a pain in the ass...his golf clubs were not waiting for him when he got off the plane...he caused a right holy stink....I`m sure I heard the little gem DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?.......celebrity big head..
Lived in south Africa for a while...we were at a Pro/Am golf tournament in Orkney..Gary Player was just about to tee off when he heard someone coughing....the big headed bugger threw his club down and refused to play until there was absolute silence!! The event was to raise money for charity....

Rant over
Sorry for the hijack
Was on a flight back from Florida a few years ago and Will Mellor was on board. On the same vacation I saw Matt Lucas in the Nike Store at the Orlando Premium Outlets.

Had dinner is a restaurant in Liverpool and sat on a table between the entire Liverpool first team and Atomic Kitten. And John Barnes went to my mates wedding.

I think I'm done now.

No, wait....when England won the rugger World Cup I met a number of the Leicester Tigers players who were in the squad.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:18 am
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britontour
I saw one of the fat two ladies (not the one that died) off of the two fat ladies cooking show on the Scotish coast.
Jennifer and Clarrisa, loved that show,
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:19 am
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Thanks for making it clear
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:27 am
Roll on Spring

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Was on a flight back from Florida a few years ago and Will Mellor was on board. On the same vacation I saw Matt Lucas in the Nike Store at the Orlando Premium Outlets.

Had dinner is a restaurant in Liverpool and sat on a table between the entire Liverpool first team and Atomic Kitten. And John Barnes went to my mates wedding.

I think I'm done now.

No, wait....when England won the rugger World Cup I met a number of the Leicester Tigers players who were in the squad.
You`re just showing off now!!
Oh, wait...we were regulars in the players lounge after the city matches ..aha got ya there
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:29 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
wow - small world, have a friend who lives there... backend of rich peeps no where would be the best description for it...doesn't jeremy clarkson live there too?
Quite a few famous people live out that way, it's the Cotswolds, which is a lovely place to grow up, even if I do say so myself! Can't wait to go back. I think the reason famous people like it there, is cuz it's quiet & even when they do get spotted, most people leave them alone.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
wow - small world, have a friend who lives there... backend of rich peeps no where would be the best description for it...doesn't jeremy clarkson live there too?
He lives somewhere around there, fat twunt over took me a couple times when I was working in Chipping Norton...nice country roads to motor around in, and weren't far from the Aston Martin plant, which was nice to gorp at

as for seeing celebs around, big ears Lineker walking around Virginia Waters, and also saw the big twunt...errr...knob face, whats his name....Beckham, picking up a new Ferrari from the dealer in Egham....in the Fox and Hounds, saw Giles Head, I werent' staying for dinner, pub's to pricey, but did need to go for a slash...they must have been pleased Oh, and in London, Selfridges, the git that plays Grant in Eastenders cut me up in the queue....so hardly anyone decent really *l*
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:43 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skybluesue
You`re just showing off now!!
Oh, wait...we were regulars in the players lounge after the city matches ..aha got ya there
On the subject of City (Coventry I presume) I've played cricket against Steve Ogrizovic's (sp?) brother. He was the better looking one (if that's possible)
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:48 am
Roll on Spring

Originally Posted by Bob
He lives somewhere around there, fat twunt over took me a couple times when I was working in Chipping Norton...nice country roads to motor around in, and weren't far from the Aston Martin plant, which was nice to gorp at

as for seeing celebs around, big ears Lineker walking around Virginia Waters, and also saw the big twunt...errr...knob face, whats his name....Beckham, picking up a new Ferrari from the dealer in Egham....in the Fox and Hounds, saw Giles Head, I werent' staying for dinner, pub's to pricey, but did need to go for a slash...they must have been pleased Oh, and in London, Selfridges, the git that plays Grant in Eastenders cut me up in the queue....so hardly anyone decent really *l*
Just because your a moderator don`t think you can outdo me....I sat in an Aston Martin once
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:51 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

On the subject of City (Coventry I presume) I've played cricket against Steve Ogrizovic's (sp?) brother. He was the better looking one (if that's possible)
Schnorbitz mein kinder, cum und zit on ze couch, unt tell me Ja, vi vun cricketer ist prettier zan ze udder...

Uncle Sigmund

Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I've arrested a couple of famous people but I cant say who.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:54 am
Roll on Spring

Oggie,what a goalie, oh thought he was the bee`s knee`s....I on the other hand thought he had a face like a chewed up toffee, bless his heart
Your city claim to fame has earned you Karma....it might not be worth much, but its the thought that counts
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:57 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I've arrested a couple of famous people but I cant say who.
Oh go on, there's only 3 of us here...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:58 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

If you are referring to the one between Banbury & Bloxham, then it is no more, sorry! I was gutted, I used to drive past there everyday & loved to look out for one parked at the front (probably owned by the big cheese!), but was glad I never took that job there!!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:08 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
Do these have to be Brit celebrities that people have met/seen?
huh did the thread change topic??!!

in Liverpool I saw a bunch of the Brookside cast ...Hugh Fry looking completely shabby and was an unpaid extra in the movie Father something , the Daniel Day-Lewis one( they actually paid some people but I'd gone off to get my camera...go figure)...I got a picci of me and him I look :scared: while he looks GORGEOUS!! and one with Emma Thompson too..and their autographs...somewhere.

while we were having a tour of a castle just outside of Prague i recognised a gal from Neighbours... I of course was completely nonchalant...i didn't really like Neighbours anyway...wish it had been Mel Gibson
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:08 am
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
If you are referring to the one between Banbury & Bloxham, then it is no more, sorry! I was gutted, I used to drive past there everyday & loved to look out for one parked at the front (probably owned by the big cheese!), but was glad I never took that job there!!!
There is another plant in Newport Pagnel (Milton Keynes) just up the road though, its about the only car left thats British isn't it actually thinking about it I'm sure they got bought out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.