Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British humour in the US

Wikiposts

British humour in the US

Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:18 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British humour in the US

Originally Posted by dunroving
Says who?
It might have been the biggest, and it was good but it def wasn't the best.
This could be a whole new thread.
Right now my vote goes to only fools and horses - the episode where del and trigger go to a wine bar is simply superb
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
It might have been the biggest, and it was good but it def wasn't the best.
This could be a whole new thread.
Right now my vote goes to only fools and horses - the episode where del and trigger go to a wine bar is simply superb
My favourite is where Del falls through bar.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:26 am

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
You know it's coming but it still makes you laugh.

The fancy dress Batman and Robin sketch when they are running through the alley is up there with the bar sketch as well.

I've given up forwarding English jokes to the septics here. It usually gets me in more trouble than it's worth.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:31 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fitz750
You know it's coming but it still makes you laugh.

The fancy dress Batman and Robin sketch when they are running through the alley is up there with the bar sketch as well.

I've given up forwarding English jokes to the septics here. It usually gets me in more trouble than it's worth.
Hehe yeah I think it's just the dead pan way David Jason delivers it that makes it so hilarious. But then he learnt his trade from the Master...one Ronnie Barker.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:32 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Followed closely by the chandelier episode!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:58 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
When you use self depreciating humour the americans do take it a bit seriously and try to gee you up!

I was at a luncheon yesterday and they only had forks so I asked for a knife and in unison everyone ask why? so I replied "because I'm civilised!"
Great one Patrick, I think I'll nick that one for my reply next time I'm asked. I hate it when people expect that you prefer to cut stuff with your fork!!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Followed closely by the chandelier episode!
Are you ready Rodders...hold tight...

**CRAAASSHSHSSSSS**
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:00 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Yep, but the yanks needed canned laughter to help them spot when someone was actually being sarcastic
You've hit the nail on the head there Davyboy!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:03 am
Back where I belong!

Yeah, I still think it was superb that he managed to fall like that. Without sticking his hand out or even flinching, very good work David Jason!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:04 am
Back where I belong!

Hehe yeah I think it's just the dead pan way David Jason delivers it that makes it so hilarious. But then he learnt his trade from the Master...one Ronnie Barker.
Met him once, I was so starstuck!!! He also had a shop in Chipping Norton, near where I used to live.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, I still think it was superb that he managed to fall like that. Without sticking his hand out or even flinching, very good work David Jason!
Apparently it wasnt scripted...he really didnt know the bar hatch had been opened and just adlibed it afterwards. A true professional... turned an on camera accident into classic comedy.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:19 am
Back where I belong!

Apparently it wasnt scripted...he really didnt know the bar hatch had been opened and just adlibed it afterwards. A true professional... turned an on camera accident into classic comedy.
Wow, I didn't know that, that's amazing!!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:29 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

The same one...

"Play it cool trig, play it cool"
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:29 am

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

Anyone seen AL Murray - The Pub Landlord.

Very funny show.

www.thepublandlord.com
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:30 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Partystar
Met him once, I was so starstuck!!! He also had a shop in Chipping Norton, near where I used to live.
I met jim mcdonald from coronation street once

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.