Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Day at work!

British Day at work!

Old Apr 6th 2011, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Day at work!

For it to be a genuinely British experience, doesn't some form of physical assault need to be incorporated?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest Britain's official national dish of the present time: Chicken tikka masala exceedingly curried with loads of poppadums.

Popular interest in the forthcoming Royal Wedding here in the UK could best be dscribed as "popular disinterest" - most local authorities/local councils across the UK generally have received far fewer requests for street closures for the purposes of street parties than had been expected - less than 10% of those granted on the occasion of the marriage of Charles and Diana in 1981.

I and most of my friends will be taking the day off on 29 April it being a public holiday (one of four in the space of ten days!) but will be doing something other than watching the wedding on TV. By all accounts here that appears to be a fairly widespread opinion in the UK as a whole. Sad? No, not really, It's all a wee bit boring really...and if the weather is a lovely as it's been today who wants to sit in front of a TV?

Last edited by Lothianlad; Apr 6th 2011 at 10:21 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:10 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite looking forward to it myself, but then again i'm a sucker for weddings in general, love watching the crappy wedding shows on TLC on a Sunday in my Jammies.

I think being the only brit at work, they would all be bitterly disappointed if I didn't give a shit, but I have to admit, the question 'did you get your invitation' is getting really old, really fast - even the kids principle at school asked me the other day when I went to pick them up for an orthodontist appointment!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

katieonaplan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clarissageo
I'm quite looking forward to it myself, but then again i'm a sucker for weddings in general, love watching the crappy wedding shows on TLC on a Sunday in my Jammies.

I think being the only brit at work, they would all be bitterly disappointed if I didn't give a shit, but I have to admit, the question 'did you get your invitation' is getting really old, really fast - even the kids principle at school asked me the other day when I went to pick them up for an orthodontist appointment!
I just joined this forum and am American - hope you'll allow me to visit sometimes.

How did your lunch go? What food did you bring?

I enjoyed watching the RW and had fun with my English breakfast (not bangers & mash): scones with jam and clotted cream, crumpets, boiled eggs, Jammy Dodgers, English breakfast tea and wedding cake.

Loved the clotted cream! Is this tea meant to be so mild-flavored, I must have gone through one-third of the pack. Wegmans had the clotted cream but for $8 a small jar.