Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British companies in New York

Wikiposts

British companies in New York

Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British companies in New York

Originally Posted by SimonALewis
If you don't want to help, don't help! This is PART of the research you mentioned, one of the ways I'm trying to get the info I need...and, indeed, it is part of my own personal 'complicated and stressful process'. Why everyone's getting snotty is a mystery to me. Duncan, thanks for your reply.
Almost everyone on this forum has spent time writing helpful responses to complete strangers for no personal benefit. The difference here is that you're asking us to do this so you can make money.

I love sprouts, but man this just sounds fishy. The vague original post didn't help. Maybe you could ask how to find such a list (posters did help by directing you to BAB).

If you want more than that, make a post saying "I don't wanna spend the $1600 on BAB, but if any college students with relevant experience wanna make some beer money I'd be happy to pay you $200 to make me a comprehensive list in Excel".
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:54 am
Just Joined

SimonALewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Most people starting a new business will make their OWN contacts, or at least will do their own research to see if there is even a market for what they are selling...you can't really expect to join an expats forum and straight away ask us to do your bloody job for you! wtf!!

But good luck with that
Well, I can't sit here listening to you people whining all day. I have calls to make. Bye!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I can't sit here listening to you people whining all day. I have calls to make. Bye!
It's noon in New York. More like lunch break time.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:59 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

I wish you would...tart
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
I wish you would...tart
Hey!! I resemble that remark!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Byeeee!! watch the door on your way out...
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ, it's the thought police again. I'm not trying to hide anything. I AM STARTING A BUSINESS AND WANT A LIST OF CONTACTS. Is there anything wrong with that?
you got a solid answer, if you can't be arsed to search through LinkedIn to make your own contacts then that's your problem.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ, it's the thought police again. I'm not trying to hide anything. I AM STARTING A BUSINESS AND WANT A LIST OF CONTACTS. Is there anything wrong with that?
And you're in sales you say?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 9:49 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Hey!! I resemble that remark!
Yes you do but which part you Tart...
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:34 pm
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

yes! my grandad had a business in New York 1960-78 does that help?
I think it contains as much helpful info as your original post did?
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:00 am
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Try the following organisations they might be able to help you :

Manhattan chamber of commerce
UK Trade Investments
London Chamber of commerce

If that also fails, then attempt the following, go to the American embassay in London, and ask them for the information for british trade orgs, but they might charge.

If that fails, then go to any UK Library and for free of charge you can access a wide range of business directories and databases, they should give you some kind of edge.

However the problem is that you need to define the following

sectors,
organisation size
trading activities

You have a higher chance of finding organisations that are "subsidaries" of British companies. Thomson registrar or Kompass business directories can be very effective.

If you want to trade, you need to be more specific about your target market.

Cheers
Mohsin
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by radion
Yes you do but which part you Tart...
pretty much all of it!