Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British companies in New York

British companies in New York

Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

SimonALewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British companies in New York

Looking for a list of British companies trading in New York, or in the tri-state area. Consulate is no bloody use and everyone else wants to charge me. Any ideas?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:39 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: British companies in New York

Why do you want a list of British companies?

Are you a student?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British companies in New York

www.babinc.org

You'll likely need to give them more info and a reason in order to get a full listing though.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
www.babinc.org

You'll likely need to give them more info and a reason in order to get a full listing though.
Thanks for the link. I know BAB, but they want $1600 from me.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Look through LinkedIn?

You trying to find a E2 company to sponsor you over or something?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonALewis
Thanks for the link. I know BAB, but they want $1600 from me.
That tells me you either didn't give them a reason why you need the list or the reason you gave was a weak one. If you talk to them and have a good reason, university project for instance, they are usually more than willing to help out with a generic list of companies. If you just want a list of companies to try and get visa sponsorship or want a listing of contacts at those companies is a different story then yes, they will want money.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Why do you want a list of British companies?

Are you a student?
Originally Posted by Bob
Look through LinkedIn?

You trying to find a E2 company to sponsor you over or something?

His first post gives us a clue:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...24#post7812724
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Jesus Christ, it's the thought police again. I'm not trying to hide anything. I AM STARTING A BUSINESS AND WANT A LIST OF CONTACTS. Is there anything wrong with that?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing wrong with starting a business. Just pay the $1600 and stick it on you tax return next year as a business expense.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

Jesus Christ, it's the thought police again. I'm not trying to hide anything. I AM STARTING A BUSINESS AND WANT A LIST OF CONTACTS. Is there anything wrong with that?
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but why should we help you with that?

This forum is for people to share their experiences and help others get through a complicated and stressful process. It provides support for those who genuinely need it, it doesn't provide cheap labour to do the research you should be doing or paying someone to do for you.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:21 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ah! You're the sprout guy! Good luck with that!!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for a list of British companies trading in New York, or in the tri-state area. Consulate is no bloody use and everyone else wants to charge me. Any ideas?
Pay the money, get your list. Done & dusted.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

If you don't want to help, don't help! This is PART of the research you mentioned, one of the ways I'm trying to get the info I need...and, indeed, it is part of my own personal 'complicated and stressful process'. Why everyone's getting snotty is a mystery to me. Duncan, thanks for your reply.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Most people starting a new business will make their OWN contacts, or at least will do their own research to see if there is even a market for what they are selling...you can't really expect to join an expats forum and straight away ask us to do your bloody job for you! wtf!!

But good luck with that
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:03 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't want to help, don't help! This is PART of the research you mentioned, one of the ways I'm trying to get the info I need...and, indeed, it is part of my own personal 'complicated and stressful process'. Why everyone's getting snotty is a mystery to me. Duncan, thanks for your reply.
shut up you girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.