Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Blend Tea Bags

British Blend Tea Bags

Old Nov 26th 2003, 12:01 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Blend Tea Bags

We have just discovered British Blend Tea Bags at Harris Teeter - they are normal tetley tea bags (complete with round bag and no string) and are $3 for 80. They are the real mccoy for those who dry out their tea bags in between visitors.

Patrick
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:24 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Blend Tea Bags

Originally posted by Patrick
We have just discovered British Blend Tea Bags at Harris Teeter - they are normal tetley tea bags (complete with round bag and no string) and are $3 for 80. They are the real mccoy for those who dry out their tea bags in between visitors.

Patrick
I've been finding PG Tips everywhere in stores lately!

Ummmm no tea for me thanks Patrick!
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Patrick
They have been a staple in the stores in Philly for years. You can also buy them online.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:02 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I've been finding PG Tips everywhere in stores lately!

you have!...Which store Brig?
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default TEA!!!!!

Yes!, I've been buying 'Tetley British Blend Tea Bags'in a small local shop for a couple of years!,my hubby loves tea,but only the English type,won't touch U.S. tea at all!,I rarely drink tea.Found P.G.Tips in 'World Market' store(new to our area last year),but they've stopped selling them now,they also carried Digestives(my fav.!)but don't have those anymore(boohoo!),still,they do have European chocs!,and Pffernusse!(the same brand I used to buy in Germany!),and they have big jars of pickled pearl onions!,at a great price!!!!.
Have to admit the 'World Market' is a little piece of heaven for me in Central Illinois!!!,if there's one near any of you other Brits it's well worth having a look!,prices are pretty good as well!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all.....Sophia
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Yosser
We have them in Meijer and World Market here in Columbus OH. Personally I get my Mom to bring over 6kg of loose assam tea when she visits.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Twinings of London - English Breakfast Tea - most supermarkets in New York have these.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Tea bags? Yuck! We like the real stuff , not shreeded bus tickets etc.

Try any Indian store, they sell all kinds of the teas..bags and all! I bought 450g of Brooke Bond Red label tea for $3.99.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:51 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
We have them in Meijer and World Market here in Columbus OH. Personally I get my Mom to bring over 6kg of loose assam tea when she visits.
I've not heard of Meijer but we do have a world market in Dallas, I thought Brig ment stores like Albertsons/TT/Kroger.

Friday I will go down to the Brit store in Dallas and stock up for xmas etc, but PG tips are really expensive. I'm ok for a few months my old dear brought some over in september, but they won't last long.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

I've not heard of Meijer but we do have a world market in Dallas, I thought Brig ment stores like Albertsons/TT/Kroger.

Friday I will go down to the Brit store in Dallas and stock up for xmas etc, but PG tips are really expensive. I'm ok for a few months my old dear brought some over in september, but they won't last long.
We also have a good selection of tea's in Andersons but again as stated earlier they are expensive, better to get UK visitors to bring some over when they come!
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Our AJs stores sell PG tips, but just the small box of 80 and they cost about $4 dollars. I am currently still using the stash that my mum bought over in september, and seeing that she bought me 500+ it will be some time before I have to go down the local brit store to buy some more.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Kinda related, those of you hankering for some nice HP Brown Sauce, I got some in our local Stater Bros grocery store under the name of HP Steak Sauce.

I guess if they called it "Brown" sauce over here it wouldn't sell too well as they wouldn't know what it was for.

Have also seen PG Tips in Walgreens stores =)

Cheers,
David.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bookworm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jxab12
Twinings of London - English Breakfast Tea - most supermarkets in New York have these.
Some have them, but they charge 6 $ for the 100g!
I went down to Chinatown (here in NY) and went on a tea shopping orgie - they asked me directly if I was British. No yank left their shop with 1kg of tea...

But I think I will bring back tea and chocolate next time I go home.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

gibbsrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
Hey British in Ohio,

Ever been to North Market on Front St.? There is an import stall there that not only sells PG tips but also Marrowfat peas, a variety of crisps and many goodies which are hard to find in the U.S and most certainly Ohio.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 3:49 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

They have them in The Christmas Tree shop and Stop and Shop Yossie!

$3.99 for 40... but worth it to have decent tea when I feel like paying it!