Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Eminent Lt Col Pulaski

The Eminent Lt Col Pulaski

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:12 pm
JeanDupont

Default The Eminent Lt Col Pulaski

Dudleydowg - we were getting seriously off the sad topic of poor Mrs Perez's proposed stabbing in the mound of Venus so I thought it better to open a new topic.

Hope you agree it's appropriate as you expressed such interest in our dear friend Lt Col Pulaski's military career.

If you go to :

http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksd...d1/default.htm

You can read a little of what he did in the afternoon of the 21st April 1954. (It's down several paragraphs)

He is a true humanitarian and a friend to the wounded. We must be extra nice to him in the future.

Of course he might claim it wasn't him at all - just an incredible coincidence of name.

Certainly his current photo does not look much like that of a man who must be at least 80 something years old now.

Unless of course he has been having the monkey gland injections? Could explain the hair at least.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 8:22 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Jean, you do know that he is going to be all over this like a rash when he finds this thread and I hope you fasten your safety belt, I'm sure that he is a very interesting person with a rich and varied life, I always enjoy reading his imput as he strikes me as an intellectual. So let this thread be a beacon for those who need advise from a most worthy sage
Old Nov 27th 2003, 11:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Eminent Lt Col Pulaski

Originally posted by JeanDupont .... our dear friend Lt Col Pulaski's military career. ....
Well bu99er me! Must be a descendent of mine.

Here's me, in DC (Freedom Plaza, Pennsylvania Ave. & 13th)

Pulaski (1748-1779) was a Polish nobleman who fought to defend Poland against European invaders such as Russia and Austria. He was excited by the fight for independence in America and went to Paris, where he met and received a letter of recommendation from Benjamin Franklin.

He fought beside Lafayette at the Battle of Brandywine and was commissioned a brigadier general in the cavalry. His horse was shot from under him while he was leading the charge against the British at the battle of Savannah, Georgia. He died of wounds received in that battle.
Although generally considered to have been dead for 224 years, like Elvis, I'm still out and about!
Old Nov 28th 2003, 3:53 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Hang on.... I think he's dead! Click Here

As a result what I have to say today about General Pulaski's body which I have seen twice is uncensored and unauthorized.