Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Airways Chasecard offer back again

British Airways Chasecard offer back again

Old Jun 26th 2012, 4:10 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Airways Chasecard offer back again

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
With Chase, that doesn't surprise me one bit.
They haven't a clue what they're doing.

We signed for a new car on Saturday, and the finance guy asked how we were going to pay - check or credit card? I thought he was joking, but he wasn't, so I called yesterday to get the credit limit increased on our (new!) card to cover the cost of the car, being totally open as to what was going to happen, and getting a note on our file to that effect so there wouldn't be a problem.

Today, I went to the dealer to pick it up and pay, and the bu99ers at Chase declined the card!!!! Aagh - took about 45 minutes to get them sorted, exacerbated by the fact that they kept asking to call me back at my home number to confirm who I was. I guess they were just being careful, but ...AAAGGGGHHHHH.

Anyway, they finally agreed to allow it, as long as I called back within 6 hours from my home phone to confirm it (wonder what they' have done if I didn't.....)

Anyway, chase are a bunch of tossers, but I did finally get y new car, along with bucketfuls of airmiles. Now I must remember to pay off the CC before the due date!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 4:46 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a new Jetta last year - the dealer told us we could only do $5K on CC. The car was on order for a few weeks, so Mrs tonrob would pop into the dealer every few days if she was passing, walk up to the cashier and say that she wanted to put a couple more grand down on the deposit. They accepted the CC each time to the point where when the final balance was due we'd paid well over $10K via that method!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:12 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We did a little over 30k yesterday, split between 3 cards in the end. This morning I got a high transaction alert from one of them - for my wifes hotel room ($450) but nothing for the 10k at a car dealer! And this was one we hadn't warned because we had plenty of room on the credit limit. Numpties.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Just a note !

This deal has been extended until July 18th
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:28 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
Just a note !

This deal has been extended until July 18th
And let's not forget AMEX Gold, Gold Business, Platinum, Platinum Business, Chase Sapphire, Freedom and Ink cards that can also transfer instantly into BA!

All ripe for the picking!!!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Another heads up !!

For July and August.

BA. $2012.00 , Business class sale from USA to London/Manchester return, if you use the Chase card you get 10% off, so it comes to $1806.

More info here.....

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/06/2012...ass-fare-sale/

A chunk of money but a great price for this time of year,( it,s usually around 6,000 dollars ) you will also earn about 20,000 miles, which would give you a side trip to Europe, or an upgrade to First Class one way, (25,000 miles ).
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:00 am
Septic Sprout

I'm Club Worlding it back to Boston tonight. I have to say it's a fairly civilized way to travel!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

thanks for the heads up just applied and got this message instantly:
Congratulations! You've been approved for the BRITISH AIRWAYS credit card.
You will receive your new BRITISH AIRWAYS credit card along with your Cardmember Agreement within 7 to 10 business days.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Twigstar
thanks for the heads up just applied and got this message instantly:
Congratulations! You've been approved for the BRITISH AIRWAYS credit card.
You will receive your new BRITISH AIRWAYS credit card along with your Cardmember Agreement within 7 to 10 business days.
Great news !!!