Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British accents - and getting hooked up

British accents - and getting hooked up

Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British accents - and getting hooked up

Originally Posted by berni
wow its amazing how people can jump to conclusions just because i don't spend my entire life in front of a computor screen. and by the way, around 1 % of men have penises larger than 8 inches, so i think ya got that one wrong. Anyway, being a musician is also a good 1, and i was away gigging an elton john song last night while u guys were still in front of your screens. good going
I always knew I was in the minority lol.

Anyway, I think someone's hit a nerve with those comments. Perhaps mummy needs to make you some nice warm coco with biscuits, everything will be alright then.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I always knew I was in the minority lol.

Anyway, I think someone's hit a nerve with those comments. Perhaps mummy needs to make you some nice warm coco with biscuits, everything will be alright then.
What's really worrying is that he's a teenager who listens to Elton John.
It's unnatural I tell you.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:03 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that teenage ADD would take care of this thread, but if he can stand to listen to Elton John we're screwed.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:09 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I tell you. This guy's a troll. Only certain types of teenager listen to Elton and fewer still perform EJ songs!

NC Penguin
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:43 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

So what happens to the English accented teenager with the ten inch penis listening to Elton John in American bars ???
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:54 pm
Missie Loves Manc =)

MisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to all

yea.. gotta agree it wasn't the accent (that lovely Mancunian accent ) that made me fall for Manc, must have been the other.

(Well he didn't sing Elton John to me either, if he broke out into a chorus of "Tiny Dancer" or "Crocodile Rock" I'd have to hurt him.. serious hurt)
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:56 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MisBish
yea.. gotta agree it wasn't the accent (that lovely Mancunian accent ) that made me fall for Manc, must have been the other.

(Well he didn't sing Elton John to me either, if he broke out into a chorus of "Tiny Dancer" or "Crocodile Rock" I'd have to hurt him.. serious hurt)
It is illegal to serenade your wife in Michigan.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:57 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
So what happens to the English accented teenager with the ten inch penis listening to Elton John in American bars ???
Methinks he'd be probably be visiting a particular kind of bar, if you know what I'm saying...

NC Penguin
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:00 pm
Missie Loves Manc =)

MisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Manc
It is illegal to serenade your wife in Michigan.

Thank God for small favors.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

berni is an unknown quantity at this point

actually lots of teenagers like elton john. i don't think middle aged people are in a position to judge that. Remember that recent hit with Blue, and the re-release of "are you ready for love". He's the most successful british popular music artist ever. you must accept it.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

He's the most successful british popular music artist ever. you must accept it.
the most successful based on what, lots of bands have that acclaim.

most number 1's is the Beatles
most top 10 hits is the Beautiful South.

what are you basing that fact on?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

actually lots of teenagers like elton john.

Getting more worried by the minute here. When I was a teenager they told me that phoney Beatlemania had bitten the dust.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:15 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I loved the tribute song Elton did for Mother Teresa, it was similar to the one Elton did for Di.
........... It was called 'Sandals in the bin'
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:18 pm
Missie Loves Manc =)

Blue? What?

My son is a teenager and may know one or two Elton John songs. That's all and then only because they were in Lion King.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by tomelina
I loved the tribute song Elton did for Mother Teresa, it was similar to the one Elton did for Di.
........... It was called 'Sandals in the bin'
I'm waiting to hear what he comes up with for the Pope.

(still laughing by the way)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.