BrianR

Old Nov 21st 2001, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

rani is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brian...I just read your AOS experience in the Dallas center...our interview will be there as well...what "A" papers are they waiting for? Is this something everyone has to wait for? My fiance and are will be married soon, and want to go on an Australian honeymoon, so getting the stamp is very important for us in our planning...hehehehe...if we have to wait for 'A' papers....then our honeymoon plans will have to be delayed...

What questions did they ask you? What forms did you take? What kind of proof did you take?

Please help if you have time...thanks a ton!
Old Nov 25th 2001, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

>Hi Brian...I just read your AOS experience in the Dallas center...our interview will be there as well...

Ok. Been away for most of this week for Thanksgiving, so have not posted.

>what "A" papers are they waiting for? Is this something everyone has to wait for?

I have had several definitions from different people about what this relates to, but I think this is the main file on me with the I-129f papers etc.

>My fiance and are will be married soon, and want to go on an Australian honeymoon,

Don't even think of it.

Playing with fire over timelines.

Respect the advice everyone should get with the K-1 visa not to expect to be able to travel outside continental USA until you have full AOS and got the stamp etc. It's been over a week since the AOS interview and we are still waiting (although this could just be due to the holiday week here).

>so getting the stamp is very important for us in our planning...hehehehe...
>
>if we have to wait for 'A' papers....then our honeymoon plans will have to be delayed...

I don't know if you can count on anything out of the INS except delays....

>What questions did they ask you?

Not many... about the questions on the form mostly.

>What forms did you take?

The application for the AOS itself and the Affadavit. We also had completed forms for an EAD and Advance Parole. Remember that at Dallas, if you get the I-551 stamp the same day, you don't need to apply for an EAD or Advance Parole as the stamp covers both.

>What kind of proof did you take?

Only what they say you need on the AOS application form (and we also took three years of tax forms from my new wife). We also took a few wedding photos. NOTHING else.

Hope this helps.

Brian.