Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Wikiposts

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:13 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bralian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by krizzy
You really are dumb.....and here was I thinking it was all an act........
Let's keep the personal insults out of it, shall we?
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:14 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbickle
Bottom line is, he should have stopped when ordered to by the police. Then he would still be alive.
It is certainly one of the bottom lines.

The ramifications for British society provide many others.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He wasn't a bomber.

He wasn't even a suspected bomber until he ran onto the train. Had he been a suspected bomber before, presumably they would have shot him before. He could just as easily have blown himself up at any moment between his house and the station.

Others suspected of being involved have been arrested. Not shot just in case .
You said it yourself - he was only considered a bomber once he ran towards the train. If he was considered one before that he would have been shot or at least challenged earlier.

Others involved were probably arrested by armed police in their own flats/houses, in which case they were unlikely to present an immediate threat to the safety of the public.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:16 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

It is certainly one of the bottom lines.

The ramifications for British society provide many others.
British society has dealt with a lot worse, and still prevailed. One idiot getting shot for refusing to obey police orders the day after an attempted bombing will make very little difference. The only thing that's changed for me is "gee, maybe the police aren't as soft as I thought they were".
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:16 am

W$b??Dnotherlimey]You said it yourself - he was only considered a bomber once he ran towards the train. If he was considered one before that he would have been shot or at least challenged earlier.
[/QUOTE]

No. He was considered involved. They followed him from his house.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

No. He was considered involved. They followed him from his house.
Until he ran from the police when challenged.

What were they supposed to do?

Originally Posted by dbickle
British society has dealt with a lot worse, and still prevailed. One idiot getting shot for refusing to obey police orders the day after an attempted bombing will make very little difference.
Shooting people on the street can and does change society. I've spent quite a while in countries where that happens.

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Until he ran from the police when challenged.

What were they supposed to do?

We're going in circles.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We're going in circles.
Well they can't take the risk of arresting him, they can't disable him, they can't use non-leathal force - their only option left was to shoot him. To me it's black and white.

I'm more worried about the other potential suicide bombers on the tube, and the fact that some of my friends have turned into right wing racists after July 7th.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:21 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

The only suicide bombers that have been arrested are those who's devices failed to explode - as far as I know.

Arresting them is just not an option on a city street.
People who want to be seen to be very PC.....just ask dumb question after dumb question... ....I would after reading reports throughout the day....change my mind and thoughts about what happened....question my passed ideas on the subject.....but Mr/Mrs PC....could never do that...its just more dumb questions on top of more dumb questions......its not like they are really that thick...its just they have nothing much to say........

Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:22 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
You really are dumb.....and here was I thinking it was all an act........
so because I don't agree with you I'm dumb and a moron.

interesting way you hold a debate.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:23 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well they can't take the risk of arresting him, they can't disable him, they can't use non-leathal force - their only option left was to shoot him. To me it's black and white.
Black and white indeed.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

W$b??Dnotherlimey]You said it yourself - he was only considered a bomber once he ran towards the train. If he was considered one before that he would have been shot or at least challenged earlier.
No. He was considered involved. They followed him from his house.[/QUOTE]

A house which was under surveillance- he may well have been involved in someway (possibly innocently) he was an electrician.
But the minute he started running instead of stopping as ordered and leaping turnstiles it changed things- and when he jumped on a train full of people - he was going to be taken down. The police could not possibly take the chance that he may/or may not have been a suicide bomber at that point. We know now he wasnt, but he was dressed like one and in the heat of the moment- the public on that train had to be protected.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:27 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more worried about the other potential suicide bombers on the tube, and the fact that some of my friends have turned into right wing racists after July 7th.
The racist issue is going to be a big problem........and very worrying.....and worth talking about...a lot more then the subject we have now which is only going round in circles......

I've had no racist problems or seen any since moving here..its nice to go to town and not be told Paki go home by people less Brit than I am.....
I mean I don't mind people making a racist remark to me....but get where I come from right please.......
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:32 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Manc
so because I don't agree with you I'm dumb and a moron.

interesting way you hold a debate.

No again you are wrong....its not what you think I have a problem with........its you......yourself......not your ideas......your ideas are fine.....its the way you debate....its not debating...its trying to wear someone down to your way of thinking.......

So lets get it straight here and now...OK...
I don't want to change your mind......to how I think....
I don't want you too agree with me....
I just want you to stop trying very badly to twist what and say...
I just want you to UNDERSTAND that we only disagree on one point......

Last edited by krizzy; Jul 25th 2005 at 8:48 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.