Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Wikiposts

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazilian family intends to sue police

Why do they get paid for doing it, you would think they would just sign it...

Originally Posted by bored-silly
If you are a junior doctor in the UK, you get to sign a form which basically confirms that there are no suspicious surroundings around a patient's death and agree that they can be cremated - ie, not have to be dug up at a later date.
The Dr gets paid for signing the form - it's called 'ash cash'
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:07 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Why do they get paid for doing it, you would think they would just sign it...
Just somewhere they can make extra money. I think they would claim its due to the responsibility of signing such a form, I mean, there is no going back once someone is cremated eh? We are not on Quincy now are we?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Easy to make a mistake and cover it up then....The world is so mercenary...

Just somewhere they can make extra money. I think they would claim its due to the responsibility of signing such a form, I mean, there is no going back once someone is cremated eh? We are not on Quincy now are we?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
It does not make any difference, would you expect a bigger settlement if someone stole your car and wrote it off rather than accidentally hit it and wrote it off...
Here's some precedent for ya:

1984: Libyan embassy shots kill policewoman

Britain restored diplomatic relations with Libya in 1999 after the Libyan Government admitted it bore "general responsibility" for WPC Fletcher's death.

It [Libya] also paid a six-figure sum in compensation to her family.

Selectively snipped from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2488369.stm
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can not comment, have no knowledge of Libyan or Shariah law.

But I seem to remember that there is something about paying off blood feuds, but that could have been from a Carry On film.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:46 pm
Love you Chris!

USAgirl will become famous soon enoughUSAgirl will become famous soon enough

I agree 110%....Think Id rather be deported than being shot to death.....Wonder if he spoke English, and could understand stop?
Originally Posted by franc111s
Whilst my heart felt condolances go out to the family, they must not be allowed to sue the police.

First, they would not be sueing the police but would be sueing the British Tax Paying public.

Second, the guy was in the UK illegally and running from the police a few weeks after 50 people were blown to pieces - God rest their souls.

What does this say about the Brazilian people if their first reaction is to sue.

If he was in his own country, legally then his own countries police force DO shoot to kill and the norm is 4 times to the back of the neck / head : read here :-

http://www.usemb.se/human/human97/brazil.html
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:23 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USAgirl
I agree 110%....Think Id rather be deported than being shot to death.....Wonder if he spoke English, and could understand stop?
If he were playing around with my plugs and cable...I'd bloody well hope he could understand the word stop.......
He was not new to the country.......he worked with Electrickery.....
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of coppers in their own countries, did anyone ever watch Karachi Cops on tv years ago ?

They were not shy at whipping suspects with the lathi poles.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Speaking of coppers in their own countries, did anyone ever watch Karachi Cops on tv years ago ?
Very good prog.. I learnt a lot from that ...
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:35 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Very good prog.. I learnt a lot from that ...
Why does that not surprise me......
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I know there's a joke about goats here somewhere.....
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:08 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bralian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by krizzy
I know.......

My cat was killed 25 years ago.......I'm over it now.......

But thank you for your kind words.......

We had a black cat called "kizzy" (named after a black women in the program 'roots' it was all about black slaves...made in the 1970's I think!)

so what a coincidence you having a cat and your name is "krizzy".....what are the chance of that eh!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:30 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, did Quincy make it across the pond?

I've been watching the first season of Spooks/MI-5 on DVD.... a lot of parallels to what has been happening in London. Of course, it's only television.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:30 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Default Re: Bralian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by Yosser
We had a black cat called "kizzy" (named after a black women in the program 'roots' it was all about black slaves...made in the 1970's I think!)

so what a coincidence you having a cat and your name is "krizzy".....what are the chance of that eh!
We also had a cat called kizzy.......What a small world....
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:32 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I rather wanted the American lad who graffitti'd the Merc in Singapore to get his full share of the pole. Painful? yeah. Barbaric? hardly. Especially compared to what the US has done to "suspected" Muslim detainees.

I remember when the parents were begging that their son not be struck.... hardly compares to a death sentence for drugs does it? or canings across the soles of the feet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.