Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Wikiposts

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:12 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazilian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Have you run over any virtual pets recently?
How would I know?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:51 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbickle
Because we're all heartless gits and ignorant twats (according to the unsigned karma I got this morning)
well it wasn't from me I freely give insults in my posts but my karma is only positive and only for the very worthy

And I stick to everything I said in that last post, and lets face it the kind of money that would keep that family comfortable will be peanuts in comparison to U.K or U.s standards....deduct the price of the bullets ...oh deary me I can't remember who just said that but you're surely going to Hell for that one
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
well it wasn't from me I freely give insults in my posts but my karma is only positive and only for the very worthy

And I stick to everything I said in that last post, and lets face it the kind of money that would keep that family comfortable will be peanuts in comparison to U.K or U.s standards....deduct the price of the bullets ...oh deary me I can't remember who just said that but you're surely going to Hell for that one
Why should they get the equivalvent of a Lottery win paid for by the British taxpayer?

I could think of a lot more worthy recepients.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:59 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That seems a bit much for an Internet forum

Have you run over any virtual pets recently?
Do people still have virtual pets.....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Why should they get the equivalvent of a Lottery win paid for by the British taxpayer?

Coz servants of the British taxpayer made an irreversible boo-boo. It really is going to be a drop in the ocean compared with overall govt. spending. Probably even a waste of time defending it in a court...
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:14 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

You know I have no idea where you are coming from ...it seems many people have lost the plot here....an innocent man was killed by a police officer who's soul purpose was to protect the tax-paying public, not only was a mother robbed of her son because of this mistake but the family lost some financial support, some cultures still respect their elders..not everyone scarpers off and leaves home ..this man was his families hope for a better future....they need to be compensated, bottom line...just like any family needs to be compensated if their loved one is wrongly killed by a police officer.

Gawd just listen to the lot of you who say "too bad so sad" Like i said before heartless gits...so he was dumb to run..so what..he didn't deserve 7 bullets in the head....thank god he didn't leave behind kids and a grieving widow...It just amazes me and saddens me how callous people can be just because they are scared........ I'm not saying it's wrong to be scared..I'd be terrified but that would never make it okay for an innocent man to be gunned down

anyway lets see what happens, it's early days yet maybe a week or so from now we'll discover he wasn't innocent etc...but if he was why do you have such a problem with his family receiving some financial support??
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Coz servants of the British taxpayer made an irreversible boo-boo. It really is going to be a drop in the ocean compared with overall govt. spending. Probably even a waste of time defending it in a court...
I may be a year or two out of date but the Statutory amount for a child under 18 was GBP7,500.

Not sure if there is a sum for over 18 so we go back to their level of dependecy and his contributions.

All asuming negligence can be shown, I have seen no mention of that being admitted.

And if it was proven no allowance for contributory negligence.

Any attempt at a buy off I would have thought would be jumped on by the press, as it should.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Jul 27th 2005 at 11:17 am.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:19 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I may be a year or two out of date but the Statutory amount for a child under 18 was GBP7,500.

Not sure if there is a sum for over 18 so we go back to their level of dependecy and his contributions.

All asuming negligence can be shown, I have seen no mention of that being admitted.

And if it was proven no allowance for contributory negligence.

Any attempt at a buy off I would have thought would be jumped on by the press, as it should.

Out-of-court settlement, around GBP 1M sounds about right to me.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:24 am
Account Closed

Bloody Hell, I am getting the next plane back.

That suggests GBP100,000 + he was send back per year. Must have been earning GBP4,000 a week Gross.

For a Electrician working on the black.

Wow.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen £750000 elsewhere. Who knows?

I guess it depends who made mistakes, etc.. which we'll find out within the next few months.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:27 am
Septicity

Bloody Hell, I am getting the next plane back.

That suggests GBP100,000 + he was send back per year. Must have been earning GBP4,000 a week Gross.

For a Electrician working on the black.

Wow.

Not really! Seems like a fair figure to me for a gross ***** up! 100k seems to rather cheapen life and 10m seems a little greedy.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
How would I know?
I'm just making the point that to make a comment like that, sent on a Internet discussion forum - where no one cares what anyone else thinks and everybody is posting under a virtual identity - was surprising.

I'm even more surprised anyone would bother sending it.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:29 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Ditto! If I don't like someone, I wouldn't send them karma... I'm too mean to give them the points. Especially since you can only give to 4 people a day anyway!!

What beats me is why anyone would waste the time and energy to be so mean and nasty to someone, presumably in an attempt to make them upset and hurt or to bully them off the forum. Why do that to someone you've never even met and are never likely to? How can you possibly be so arrogant as to think you understand a person and their motives, purely from reading posts on this forum and listening to other people (who know no more than you do) gossip?

People don't leave their feelings at the door as soon as they log on to BE, you know. So to all those who indulge in the pathetic, playground nastiness of sending mean messages in unsigned karma, you need to grow up and act your age. Unless of course you are 14, in which case please continue. You'll get past puberty soon enough.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Not really! Seems like a fair figure to me for a gross ***** up! 100k seems to rather cheapen life and 10m seems a little greedy.
130 times the going rate for a child (who did not run from armed Police etc etc.)

Just as dead, in these case negiligence show/admitted/proven. Parents just as devastated, if not more so.

So how would you explain it to them?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:41 am
Septicity

130 times the going rate for a child (who did not run from armed Police etc etc.)

Just as dead, in these case negiligence show/admitted/proven. Parents just as devastated, if not more so.

So how would you explain it to them?

Dunno -- explain the child thing to me in more detail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.