Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brain Teaser - Calling all lateral thinkers!

Brain Teaser - Calling all lateral thinkers!

Old Jul 1st 2003, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Martin1511 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Brain Teaser - Calling all lateral thinkers!

See if you can help me solve this puzzle!

The Objective: You must find a way to get back home (including crossing a large ocean), as soon as possible.

#1 You are stranded foreign country, thousands of miles away from home.
#2 For reasons beyond your control you do not have any money left.
#3 You cannot borrow any money.
#4 You are not allowed to work.
#5 You do not have any family or friends to call upon for help.
#6 You have nothing of value to sell.
#7 For the time being you have a roof over your head, a phone line and a computer to use.

So far, the solution has completely eluded me. How about you??
Ideas greatfully accepted
Old Jul 1st 2003, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brain Teaser - Calling all lateral thinkers!

Originally posted by Martin1511

The Objective: You must find a way to get back home (including crossing a large ocean), as soon as possible.

#7 For the time being you have a roof over your head, a phone line and a computer to use.

British Embassy, they probably will repatriate you. One Way. You will have to pay them off some time.
frank R.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Martin1511 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by frrussre
British Embassy, they probably will repatriate you. One Way. You will have to pay them off some time.
frank R.
Thanks for the suggestion but already tried that - the answer was No. They suggested selling something of value (haha...like one of the Ferraris I have parked in the backyard here?)
Old Jul 1st 2003, 3:10 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Find a crime that they will deport you for and try that one!
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

The Embassy, repatriation scheme got well abused by Brits going to Spain, spending all their money, then turning up at the Embassy. That is why they stopped it.

Go back & try again.

Be polite but persistent.
Frank R.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Smesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Martin1511

How about contacting a courier service & flying home for free that way?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Claim to be French, ok they will deport you, butat least ou could try and swim the channel !
Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

On a good day you can get a one way to UK for less than $300.

Maybe you should try all the bars & restaurants for some low pay or low pay plus tips job. You only need $300.

I don't want to be nasty, but this all smells like "Low Tide". I keep coming across these young student types, sitting on the Street begging. Sign says only need a token to get home.

Reg. Frank R.