Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

bluestsky99 - insurance questions for US PR outside the USA

bluestsky99 - insurance questions for US PR outside the USA

Old Jul 6th 2015, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

bluestsky99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bluestsky99 - insurance questions for US PR outside the USA

On that note, does anybody know if there is any insurance that covers maternity expenses and that a US resident can purchase on her own, i.e. not from her company, and from overseas? Of course this will be bought before the woman is pregnant and hence the expense is still not guaranteed. Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 5:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bluestsky99 - insurance questions for US PR outside the USA

This is a question continued from bluestsky99's post in the US Immigration and Visa forum.

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2015, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

US medical insurance companies won't provide a policy to anyone who is not living in the US.

You could try international insurance companies i.e BUPA, Healthcare International etc.; however you had better make sure they would cover a future pregnancy
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

bluestsky99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks SanDiegogirl. I was checking the marketplace at healthcare.gov but that seems to require the applicant to live in the US too. Let me check the links that you suggested.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluestsky99
Thanks SanDiegogirl. I was checking the marketplace at healthcare.gov but that seems to require the applicant to live in the US too. Let me check the links that you suggested.
The plans which are on healthcare.gov are for US residents.

You are not living in the US although you have green cards so I think you are going to have to look at international plans.