Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Blu Ray or HD-DVD????

Blu Ray or HD-DVD????

Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:17 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blu Ray or HD-DVD????

Sony: $299 Blu-ray Player In Three Years

http://www.tvpredictions.com/bluprices011707.htm

Looks like it will be a while before Blu-ray becomes a mass market item.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

that's cool...they must have licensed the process then
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to dig up an old thread - but have just hooked up my BR player to new HD tv and it is superb! Takes me back to when I first saw Laserdisc and DVDs - truely superb picture and sound!

Still not sure about how the future will pan out but as both formats have major studios on board and largely the big studios are on both I'm not sure either will go the way of betamax - espcecially as the PS3 has it build in and uses the format for games - BR at least is here to stay I would think!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:13 am
Just Joined

BamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really nice

I hear nothing but bad things about the LG dual format player, just check out sites like CircuitCity and check out the customer reviews. I cant really tell the difference when im watching in 720P or 1080i so im not sure if i would be able to tell the differnce of a 1080P format. Heres one review of the LG

"LG is deceptive selling this player. It is not a real HD DVD player as claimed - it does not support HDi which is one of the biggest and coolest features of HD DVD that is used virtually everywhere down to the most basic menus most of the interactive features and lots of extras found on highdef discs will be inaccessible with this player. In addition, the player only appears to decode 2ch of audio over HDMI, meaning that you can't use the highest quality digital audio interconnect with this player either.

In other words, its really only an overpriced, mediocre Blu-Ray player with severely crippled unofficial HD DVD playback (LG was forced to remove the official HD DVD logo as the player does not even meet HD DVD spec). Definitely *NOT* worth the pricetag."
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:39 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Anyone bought one of these gadgets? Any opinions on which is best?
Excellent article here on cnet http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6463_7-6462511-1.html

Was enough to put me off for a while.