Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday

Black Friday

Old Nov 27th 2010, 4:55 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Yes just a cheapy that I can actually understand ($59 till they are all gone!) my digi camera is so old it's a 3.2 megapixels, I think it may be wanted by a museum somewhere, as it was a good one back in the day
Don't get me started. I still maintain that my numerous wet film bodies, with an extensive range of lenses, are better than any of the modern digital crap on sale today.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:05 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Don't get me started. I still maintain that my numerous wet film bodies, with an extensive range of lenses, are better than any of the modern digital crap on sale today.
My Dh and two sons will agree with you, they all used the same old 35mm ancient camera, with a bag full of lenses and filters. Ds has it now for photography classes at school and they get talking, about apertures and film speed and blah blah blah. I'm a point and shoot kind gal
Old Nov 27th 2010, 10:04 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
My Dh and two sons will agree with you, they all used the same old 35mm ancient camera, with a bag full of lenses and filters. Ds has it now for photography classes at school and they get talking, about apertures and film speed and blah blah blah. I'm a point and shoot kind gal
Some of the best photos I've ever taken were with a disposable camera...
Old Nov 27th 2010, 12:48 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I have a few SLR and DSLR and various lenses and my dad has a museum collection almost, from old to new. But it doesn't matter, you can take great shots with a pinhole if you want.

What really pisses me off is when I see people using the flash in the middle of the day.

I'm after a compact camera for the Mrs, so as long as I can turn the flash off I'll get her the Kodak Easyshare
Old Nov 27th 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
I'm closing manager so i'll be sleeping in then heading in to clear up the mess from the raging hoards. Seriously people turn into slobs when they shop on black friday .. i just don't get it.
Hi Jan, i sent you a PM

Charles
Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:44 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
I have a few SLR and DSLR and various lenses and my dad has a museum collection almost, from old to new. But it doesn't matter, you can take great shots with a pinhole if you want.

What really pisses me off is when I see people using the flash in the middle of the day.

I'm after a compact camera for the Mrs, so as long as I can turn the flash off I'll get her the Kodak Easyshare
Then get over to Walmart it's $59 at the moment. Thats what I got. Only comes in plain black at our local.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

Ehhhh but fill-in flash can be very helpful depending on where the light is coming from!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 6:28 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Ehhhh but fill-in flash can be very helpful depending on where the light is coming from!
Most people using flash in the day time won't have the foggiest what fill in flash means.

There's a difference between setting up good lighting and having the flash pop up just as you take the picture.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh ok well I'll agree with you on that one!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:31 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought a LG washer and dryer from Best Buy. Down from $1,000 each to $500 each. Seems a good deal

Delivery not until December 13th though, so need to do another trip to the lovely launderette.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:44 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Just bought a LG washer and dryer from Best Buy. Down from $1,000 each to $500 each. Seems a good deal

Delivery not until December 13th though, so need to do another trip to the lovely launderette.
$800 for the pair at Lowe's!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
$800 for the pair at Lowe's!
Lowes don't stock LG in our area. Can get Whirlpool from there at $800 for a pair, but I've had a Whirlpool washer before and never again.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Read in the paper that some of the locals WAITED from 5 pm Wed for doors to open. A pair of brothers camped out for 19 hours.

That is just silly!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:49 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Read in the paper that some of the locals WAITED from 5 pm Wed for doors to open. A pair of brothers camped out for 19 hours.

That is just silly!
I dunno. Good excuse to escape from the family dinner table.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:53 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I dunno. Good excuse to escape from the family dinner table.
The article mentioned that one whole family camped out.

They turned down several hundred dollars for their place at the head of the line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.