Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday

Black Friday

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:33 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future
Default Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Personally don't care about going -I've watched it from afar one year and that was enough- but I might end up in the crowd. My neighbor and another lady want me to come with them, and since I just moved here and are still looking for friends/acquintances, and I actually like these two ladies (apart from their shopping fetish ), I just might make the sacrifice.... Maybe it won't be so bad since I won't be after any 'deals' myself, and therefor not stressed out. Even so....
I did it 2 years ago - my best friend and I just decided to hit the mall at 6: am. Hubby decided to come along, as Best Buy had a few gadgets priced right. It wasn't as traumatic as we had all expected! We finished shopping at 4: pm, just as it started to snow...(awww) I think you've got the best attitude, just have a good time!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:38 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by Big D
Indeed - quite a large one!!
Ha ha ha....now it proves that I'm no techno-geek!

Then again......it's still a good idea to pay for anything with an Amex card and/or to buy electrical stuff (bar computers) from Costco/Sams Club....
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Roadster280
42 inch plasma TV $997.

5am it is then!

I'd send the Memasahib down to wait in line, whilst I got some sleep.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Then again......it's still a good idea to pay for anything with an Amex card and/or to buy electrical stuff (bar computers) from Costco/Sams Club....

Indeed it does!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I'd send the Memasahib down to wait in line, whilst I got some sleep.
As I have just divorced her, I feel this is highly unlikely!

And the girlfriend is with her parents for turkey and more turkey, so it looks like the 5am dash for me. Apparently Best Buy will have one for the same money too.

Thanks for the tip on the Amex card, I do have a Delta Amex Platinum. I believe it also covers insurance on rental cars (but off topic!)
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:18 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Thanx for the advice, I've never heard of that before, but now I know!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I did the 5.00am Walmart thing 2 years ago with my English neighbour, I wanted a table football (fussball) for my son and she wanted V-tech stuff. The queue was horrendous by the time we got there and as we had been drinking until quite late the previous day we went to Starbucks for coffee instead. Once we had finished our coffee we decided to give Toys R Us a try and managed to get quite a few bargains.

I went back to Walmart the following week and got the table football for the same price as it was on Black Friday.

Once was enough for me and I won't be doing it again.