British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Black Friday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/black-friday-339123/)

jamjar Nov 23rd 2005 1:12 pm

Black Friday

Is anyone planning to do the whole 6am busting down the doors at Wal-Mart thing? If so what are the big bargains this year?

Rete Nov 23rd 2005 1:16 pm

Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by jamjar
Is anyone planning to do the whole 6am busting down the doors at Wal-Mart thing? If so what are the big bargains this year?

Never have done it in my 57 years and never will. Nothing is worth going shopping on that day in my honest opinion. Besides Walmart is so cheap anyway, what is the purpose of going on the busiest shopping day of the year?

Roadster280 Nov 23rd 2005 1:20 pm

42 inch plasma TV $997.

5am it is then!

Ray Nov 23rd 2005 1:22 pm

Never have done it in my 37 years and never will.

jamjar Nov 23rd 2005 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Never have done it in my 57 years and never will. Nothing is worth going shopping on that day in my honest opinion. Besides Walmart is so cheap anyway, what is the purpose of going on the busiest shopping day of the year?

I wasn't asking just about Wal-Mart. That was just an example. Macy's ToysRus, Kohls, Sears wherever. Is anyone brave enough and what bargains are you going after?

jamjar Nov 23rd 2005 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Roadster280
42 inch plasma TV $997.

5am it is then!

Holy Cow! Now that's worth getting out of bed for! :)

Roadster280 Nov 23rd 2005 1:35 pm

Holy Cow! Now that's worth getting out of bed for! :)

Thats what I thought!

ironporer Nov 23rd 2005 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Never have done it in my 37 years and never will.

Talk about deep discounting. Did you used to work for Enron?

Yosser Nov 23rd 2005 1:52 pm

Home depot has a Delta miter saw on sale for $59.99 on Friday (usually $99), el Yosser shall be dishing out the shillings for that little beauty!

It will be perfect for that wood floor project coming up after xmas.

Partystar Nov 23rd 2005 1:58 pm

I'm a girl who hates shopping, I think I'll be chillin' with my family.

BigDavyG Nov 23rd 2005 2:23 pm

I think walmart also have a laptop on sale for $375 or something like that

Rete Nov 23rd 2005 2:35 pm

I wasn't asking just about Wal-Mart. That was just an example. Macy's ToysRus, Kohls, Sears wherever. Is anyone brave enough and what bargains are you going after?

No, nada, no way Jose.

Rete Nov 23rd 2005 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Roadster280
42 inch plasma TV $997.

5am it is then!

Not me. I watch little TV and can think of other things I would rather buy for a $1,000.

Partystar Nov 23rd 2005 2:38 pm

Here's a website that contains leaked ads for all the different stores for Black Friday! Some of the shop names are different, like Sears is Sbears, because some of the companies have sued or are trying to sue the website. Enjoy!

http://bf2005.com/

ladylisa Nov 23rd 2005 2:40 pm

I dont get why some of the stores are advertising that they are open from 5.00am and then the sale closes at 11.00am. Talk about creating panic and mayhem for their customers.