Bit urgent: Cost of living

Wikiposts

Bit urgent: Cost of living

Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:43 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bit urgent: Cost of living

Originally Posted by Sarah
Hey Trubrit, I thinking about a career change, whats it like being a trolley dolly? Is it as bad as being a waitress/maitre d ? (I've done both)
I think I'd look good in uniform and I fancy wearing make up again, I never wear any these days.

yeah brill fun....and that's what it is just fun for most of the time....the punters are literally here one day gone the next, same with the other crew members...new day every day/trip...no chance of busy bodies in your work life know what i mean...dirty job lol in more ways than one but the plus side make up for it 100%....i was going to study to become a solicitor then saw the ad and got the job first go and decided i'd do it for a year..lol i stayed for ever ...who wouldn't want to travel the world and stay in first class hotels at someone else's expense plus spend allowances while away from base....ba are recruiting and you can apply on line...i did recruitment/selection for a couple of yrs. ba uses good hotels in good parts of town down route for security etc however beware some of the smaller outfits do not. go for it....
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Serenity is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, thanks guys!

Just applied for an American Express, though not sure if we'd get it since we only got our last credit card about 4 months ago. If I'd known then that we'd be moving back...!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yeah brill fun....and that's what it is just fun for most of the time....the punters are literally here one day gone the next, same with the other crew members...new day every day/trip...no chance of busy bodies in your work life know what i mean...dirty job lol in more ways than one but the plus side make up for it 100%....i was going to study to become a solicitor then saw the ad and got the job first go and decided i'd do it for a year..lol i stayed for ever ...who wouldn't want to travel the world and stay in first class hotels at someone else's expense plus spend allowances while away from base....ba are recruiting and you can apply on line...i did recruitment/selection for a couple of yrs. ba uses good hotels in good parts of town down route for security etc however beware some of the smaller outfits do not. go for it....
I often think about you when I watch Mile High.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I often think about you when I watch Mile High.

yeah i joined that club a few yrs back
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i joined that club a few yrs back

I bet the American airline companies are crap to work for. The standards are appalling compared to BA and Virgin.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I bet the American airline companies are crap to work for. The standards are appalling compared to BA and Virgin.
meant to say that's nice you think of me...awwww....a friend works for continental and it's ok infact their staff travel is much better than ba infact most all airlines i think are better. ba's staff travel has always been crapola that's why i don't use it.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:25 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd have to take a pay cut at first though. I like Virgin better than BA but living where I do, unless I relocated and left the OH to fend for himself here at Uni, I'd probably have to work for US Airways over any of the others :scared:
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 10:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Hey Trubrit, I thinking about a career change, whats it like being a trolley dolly? Is it as bad as being a waitress/maitre d ? (I've done both)
I think I'd look good in uniform and I fancy wearing make up again, I never wear any these days.
Depends on the airline and the routes, domestic flights are crap, as is the money on flights to africa and india, get long lay overs, but sod all money as it's dirt cheap out there, money flights are to japan and Oz, because there long and you get a lot of spending money....and if you get to work first class in BA, you end up doing sod all work as everyone is a sleep....hard on ankles though and depending on language skills might have to do top up tests all the time, and also medical training and the like....but it all depends on the carrier....
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 10:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

...ba are recruiting and you can apply on line...i did recruitment/selection for a couple of yrs. ba uses good hotels in good parts of town down route for security etc however beware some of the smaller outfits do not. go for it....
the ritz in india was a dive, sister hated those routes, but now doesn't do them that often, gets a bunch of flights to san fran, boston and brazil, but does she bother with a visit or spend me stuff...the cow *lol*
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 10:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

meant to say that's nice you think of me...awwww....a friend works for continental and it's ok infact their staff travel is much better than ba infact most all airlines i think are better. ba's staff travel has always been crapola that's why i don't use it.
BA family is shite, but the union is pretty impressive, you'd have to be a right munter to get canned from them....unlike with Qatar, Gulf air, Alitalia etc...
my sister said the best money was virgin, best benefits until all westerners were booted from qatar was qatar, and alitalia won for the uniform back then *l*