Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A bit OT: W-4 for non resident aliens.

A bit OT: W-4 for non resident aliens.

Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bit OT: W-4 for non resident aliens.

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
All you really need to do is fill in Married, Claiming 0. You would need to claim the Married, with hold at higher rate if you had NO DEDUCTIONS, like No Mortgage, etc. All I do is have my employees sign, check off the box married, or whatever and then the deduction. It is a bit confusing to say the least esp. to someone that has never done it before! garry went in all set to do his as I brought a few home for him to see what he was about to be asked to sign! Hey, That vermont Teddy bear Company is a GREAT COMPANY! Let me know how you got a from home job as I am interested in a part time thing now or later. I live in New Hampshire, not far from there. Good Luck with the new job!

Debs
Thanks!!
You have a PM
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:47 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations on the employment, Hyper. But do your co-workers a favor and take beano before every meal ;-)

Rita

I will be working from home so I don't have to but what if the smells goes thru the headset??:scared:

Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
tweeky,

Unless one really wants to have the government keep their money all year before giving it back, it really pays to estimate what one's tax liability is likely to be and then take the appropriate number of allowances on the W-4.

I personally have better things to do with my money than to let the governent sit on it for a year.

Regards, JEff
I don't think the goverment will keep a lot of money from me since I won't get paid a lot, but thanks for the advice!!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:15 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I will be working from home so I don't have to but what if the smells goes thru the headset??:scared:

Congrats on the job Stinky!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realize you would be working from home and for whom. Are you going to be bear stuffing or envelope stuffing or worse ... sewing? Are you allowed at your age to handle a needle and thread or at best a sewing machine?

:-))))))
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:40 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Are you allowed at your age to handle a needle and thread or at best a sewing machine?

If she pokes herself, I'm sure her stinky gas will sterilize the needles first
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:35 am

Didn't realize you would be working from home and for whom. Are you going to be bear stuffing or envelope stuffing or worse ... sewing? Are you allowed at your age to handle a needle and thread or at best a sewing machine?

No stuffing or sewing, I can't sew, cook or iron clothes, what a wifey LOL
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by jcapulet
If she pokes herself, I'm sure her stinky gas will sterilize the needles first
LMBO stinky!!!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 7:29 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

LMBO stinky!!!
Just a quick congrats

On the tax end, remember at any point through the year you can change what you are claiming, so if you think you are over OR under paying your taxes, you can change it and adjust accordingly. I have done our taxes since I moved here with Turbo Tax etc, and we have always been good, usually getting a couple of hundred back. It seems to be an American idea of overpaying the tax man, if you fill out the forms correctly and keep an eye on your taxes through the year, there should really be no problems.

Also if you are in a lower paying state there is also the Earned Income Credit, in Missouri we qualified for it even though I did not think we were that poorly off, can be worth several thousand dollars in a refund.

Overpaying seems to be IRS paranoia

Patrick