Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big hello ! From a "moist " UK ....

Big hello ! From a "moist " UK ....

Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:15 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big hello ! From a "moist " UK ....

Originally Posted by Pulaski
FIFY

There are four countries in the EEA that are not in the EU (Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Lichtenstein), and all thirty two countries in the EEA have free movement of people/labour.
I didn't know that, cheers.

I always forget Iceland and Norway aren't in the EU.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I didn't know that, cheers.

I always forget Iceland and Norway aren't in the EU.
I think it was objections to whaling.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Are they off to play with Japan instead? Or the Faroe islands, they aren't in either.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
And the extraordinarily high per capita oil revenues.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 3:08 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read Pulaski's ways yet? Do you even have a route to a visa?

I'd be worrying about satisfying those conditions first before you get too far ahead of yourselves. Perhaps Canada or Australia (or mainland Europe within the EU) are options for you if you really want to leave the UK. All more sensible options for a British citizen with no obvious ties to the US.
With their professions and age, unfortunately Australia is out as well.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 4:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read Pulaski's ways yet? Do you even have a route to a visa?

I'd be worrying about satisfying those conditions first before you get too far ahead of yourselves. Perhaps Canada or Australia (or mainland Europe within the EU) are options for you if you really want to leave the UK. All more sensible options for a British citizen with no obvious ties to the US.
Originally Posted by teza
Beat me to it
Old Jan 7th 2016, 7:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

North Carolina seems well thought of, but some of the locals can be a bit odd.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 10:53 am
Just Joined

sleeplessrowan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
North Carolina seems well thought of, but some of the locals can be a bit odd.
Lol.......You haven't met the girlfriend! 😉
Old Jan 7th 2016, 11:43 am
Just Joined

TheBsKnees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
If you want warmth without excessive heat, probably best to avoid the south. However, based on the limited info you posted it doesn't sound like you have any chance of moving so it's kind of moot.
Beat me to it. I live in the Carolinas, this past summer we had a balmy 37.7C, woke up to -6C this morning and it's just begun to get cold! Again kind of moot.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:22 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by teza
So that's Australia and the US, then.

Back to the drawing board, I think ...
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Disenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond repute

If you want heat what's wrong with Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece?

Why do you think moving to the USA is such a great idea? I constantly hear the politicians refer to the USA as "The Greatest Country in The World", and "The Great Sate of Whatever" or "The Great City of Blah Blah". It's none of those, they just seem hell bent on brainwashing everybody here into thinking it is.

There are many other places within Europe that are equally as good or better than here, and easily more accessible to you than the USA. The grass on the other side of the Atlantic is not as green as you might think.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:26 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Disenchanted
Why do you think moving to the USA is such a great idea?
Nine times out of ten in these kinds of cases it's because of the weather. I shit you not ...

The grass on the other side of the Atlantic is not as green as you might think.
No, it isn't, but if you go into it well informed and knowing what you're getting into, it really isn't all that bad out here. All the USA is the best people are mostly hot air anyway.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Nine times out of ten in these kinds of cases it's because of the weather. I shit you not ...
And the other 1/10 is because they went to Disneyworld and loved it
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:40 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by NatashaB
And the other 1/10 is because they went to Disneyworld and loved it
Yup.

Actually, I'm glad the rest of America isn't like Disneyworld
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

sleeplessrowan is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want heat what's wrong with Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece?

Why do you think moving to the USA is such a great idea? I constantly hear the politicians refer to the USA as "The Greatest Country in The World", and "The Great Sate of Whatever" or "The Great City of Blah Blah". It's none of those, they just seem hell bent on brainwashing everybody here into thinking it is.

There are many other places within Europe that are equally as good or better than here, and easily more accessible to you than the USA. The grass on the other side of the Atlantic is not as green as you might think.
I fully agree with this comment about "people's grass.....except we don't want "heat" .
We have spent may happy times ( months or full seasons ) in the US & love the place & it's folk .
We don't want to move to or within Europe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.