Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big Brother - cameras ? Etc ?

Big Brother - cameras ? Etc ?

Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:14 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Big Brother - cameras ? Etc ?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I suggest this book if you want to find out more on big brother and why his activities are costly and pointless.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038...books&v=glance
Or this one for a lesson from history:-

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nxylas
Or this one for a lesson from history:-

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
and...

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

-President Thomas Jefferson
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

and...
If you not going to let the authorites keep you "safe" you must do so yourself. Lock n load I say.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:56 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
If you not going to let the authorites keep you "safe" you must do so yourself. Lock n load I say.

Where has there been any argument against the maintenance of law and order here? Civil liberties and law and order are not mutually exclusive concepts. They can exist together.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

If you not going to let the authorites keep you "safe"
I think it's more a matter of people would rather pay for their wide screen TV than for more police.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What makes you think that once they've got everybody on CCTV and tracked they'll let you have guns at home or on your person?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I think it's more a matter of people would rather pay for their wide screen TV than for more police.
Its like paying for health insurance...refuse to pay for it until you're ill then its too late.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

What makes you think that once they've got everybody on CCTV and tracked they'll let you have guns at home or on your person?
Nothing. Thats why I vote for self protection. Im all for law and order but Im also a big proponent of th 2nd Amendment who's specific purpose is to stop the government having too strong a hold over the citizenry.

I havent actually disagreed with anything thats been said here. I expect the authorities to make efforts to protect the innocents from criminals but I dont expect them to have a 100% success rate. I have no problem with them using tools to do that even if that means a small intrusion on my own personal liberties but I would speak up in the event it became more than for the use of crime prevention. I dont mind CCTV in town centers but I would be opposed to them in my car/house/garden because thats my property and I expect to be responsible for it

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Dec 30th 2005 at 8:07 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:10 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

The arguments made here "against" Big Brother posted here are pathetic. Those of us who support more are up for reasonable debate but come on, the "more people die on roads" doesn't apply here.

You throw out any form of "big brother" simply because of some if it's traits rather than come up with variants to make it better. Very contstructive. NOT.

Innovation needs input from people like you, who see the flaws as flaws and not flaws as walls. You build these walls of your own problem of being MORE afraid of the system taking over our lives, rather then an adaption of it to help others.

Those who support more big brother are not naive to think of it as a panacea of solving all of our problems. We see it as evolution, to be adapted and corrected to give us the best we can. Will it stop my son from being murdered. Maybe, maybe not BUT will it stop my sons murderer from murdering someone else? Maybe, maybe not. But any chance of someone like that being caught - within some framework around CCTV - how can you argue that.... And if you do, be more practical then showing us your own fear of being "watched"...
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:14 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing. Thats why I vote for self protection. Im all for law and order but Im also a big proponent of th 2nd Amendment who's specific purpose is to stop the government having too strong a hold over the citizenry.
We are on the same page I think.... I liked your posts here too.. constructive rather than critical.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:37 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on whether the female was a minger or not.
Why of course!!!
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you want the 32" variety as we used to carry in Blighty. The 26" is way too short.
I'm sure it will work great for me, should I ever need to use it! Let's just hope I don't!
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm sure it will work great for me, should I ever need to use it! Let's just hope I don't!
Are you permitted to carry it it your parts...

In Florida we can with a carry permit... In fact with the permit you can carry it unconcealed here..
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:50 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ray
Are you permitted to carry it it your parts...

In Florida we can with a carry permit... In fact with the permit you can carry it unconcealed here..
You need a permit to carry a baton in your truck?
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
You need a permit to carry a baton in your truck?
Sitting in your truck it does no good... its only worth having if you carry it on your person...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.