Big Apple

Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Apple

Looks like I may need to change the Big D user name as a move up north seems imminent!

I have my own thoughts on this, and there are big pros and cons to both, but should I live in a Westchester suburb or mid town apartment?

Only me and the wife - but we are used to our space with the 3500 sq ft 'palace' we have here in Texas - and we will no doubt get visitors by the plane load.

The financial aspects arent part of the decison process at this point - its the pros and cons of city vs burbs I would be interested in your opinions of!

Cheers guys
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:17 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Apple

on sort of a different tac I would think coming from Texas loads of space around you and your home then going to New York burbs or not is going to be a big adjustment change. I would be feeling claustophobic. But I'm sure you've visited areas and seen what's it like but that's a big change.
(not mentioning the politics etc which you may find everything is worth it )
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
on sort of a different tac I would think coming from Texas loads of space around you and your home then going to New York burbs or not is going to be a big adjustment change. I would be feeling claustophobic. But I'm sure you've visited areas and seen what's it like but that's a big change.
(not mentioning the politics etc which you may find everything is worth it )

Its going to be a huge change on many counts - but do we get a 4 bed house with a yard and space or a 3 bed apartment and have all that city life offers.....and living in the city do you ever get chance to relax!!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:26 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Its going to be a huge change on many counts - but do we get a 4 bed house with a yard and space or a 3 bed apartment and have all that city life offers.....and living in the city do you ever get chance to relax!!
oh well then when do you pack? If you have no children I think an apartment in a good area would be a good thing as you would have no need for a car or big commute all the shops and night life would be around you at walking distance.
The thought of commuting/driving in every day would be a nightmare to me.