Stamps

Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:17 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stamps

In the UK when you were sent a bill it usually came with a stamped envelope to return the payment. Here they send you an unstamped envelope it drives me mad that they expect me to pay the postage to send them their money. As usual its something they are allowed to get away
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stamps

Originally Posted by vegas
In the UK when you were sent a bill it usually came with a stamped envelope to return the payment. Here they send you an unstamped envelope it drives me mad that they expect me to pay the postage to send them their money. As usual its something they are allowed to get away
online banking*.........................

* online banking over here is also a pile of wank
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:27 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Now inthe UK, I don't think they take checks for many thinks. All insist on direct debit.

In the USA, that's what I do mostly (pay online) or direct depoist.. but your right, another catch.

I'm MORE annoyed though with friggin ticket master. $30 tickets just cost me $45 with $9 to ticket master, $2.50 "convenience" charge and and $3.50 for paying on line... WTF... Someone needs to go after this MONOPOLY.

Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
online banking*.........................

* online banking over here is also a pile of wank
We did an "online transfer" using BoA website. They took our online request, made up a check, and mailed it. To the wrong address. 2 weeks later the check came back to our BoA as undeliverable who then paid it back into our account. We only discovered this when the recipient of the "Online Transfer" asked when we were going to do it.

Banking USA....Ebeneezer Scrooge would be proud.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:11 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
We did an "online transfer" using BoA website. They took our online request, made up a check, and mailed it. To the wrong address. 2 weeks later the check came back to our BoA as undeliverable who then paid it back into our account. We only discovered this when the recipient of the "Online Transfer" asked when we were going to do it.

Banking USA....Ebeneezer Scrooge would be proud.
too funny - at least you saved 36c
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by franc11s
too funny - at least you saved 36c
Yeah...pity about the two weeks interest though.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Its the same in the UK now - they only pay the postage to sign you up for new products or loans etc. Once you are obliged to pay its up to you to pay the postage - all my UK credit cards and utilities are like this
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Big D
Its the same in the UK now - they only pay the postage to sign you up for new products or loans etc. Once you are obliged to pay its up to you to pay the postage - all my UK credit cards and utilities are like this
I seem to recall them being like it before we left 2 years ago. Back in Blighty we did everything by DD and online banking...so much easier.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

It's always been that way in Oz.

I think that perhaps the UK was the odd one out for this.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Also I don't think you can pay them at bank counters like you can at home, can you? As for the 'electronic payment' consisting of the bank writing out and posting a cheque, well we've laughed at that on here many many times...

Howzabout this one... When I subscribed to the service, DirecTV signed me up for paperless billing without telling me and without asking for my email address. So they couldn't actually send me my paperless bills but this didn't raise a flag anywhere and I knew no more until I received a final demand (on paper this time) last week. I can see my credit rating as it slides down the toilet.

So now I'm just going to sign up for the automatic payment Direct Debit equivalent for this and my utility bills to save future problems...
Old Oct 19th 2006, 6:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
So now I'm just going to sign up for the automatic payment Direct Debit equivalent for this and my utility bills to save future problems...

It is NOT a DD equivalent!

DD has consumer safeguards, the US banking system does not!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit

It is NOT a DD equivalent!

DD has consumer safeguards, the US banking system does not!
I know that, I just couldn't think of the US term for the system!

So people would recommend not using it?
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely - there are no controls around it - once its in place you will find it very difficult if not impossible to stop, just set yourself a reminder and use on line banking each month!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

A suitable term for the US system might be "scam" or "fraud".

Don't use it!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:58 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
Now inthe UK, I don't think they take checks for many thinks. All insist on direct debit.

In the USA, that's what I do mostly (pay online) or direct depoist.. but your right, another catch.

I'm MORE annoyed though with friggin ticket master. $30 tickets just cost me $45 with $9 to ticket master, $2.50 "convenience" charge and and $3.50 for paying on line... WTF... Someone needs to go after this MONOPOLY.
Yet it remains illegal to 'scalp' tickets for a profit in most states.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.