Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call home?

Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call home?

Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call ho

Blissful ignorance is the best state for living in the US so I wouldn't bother asking for more information - just move.

Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:30 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call ho

Did I forget to mention "only" serious answers need be summited ?Florida or California ,which is the better state?And give me your top 3 favorite states in America.

Thank you
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Did I forget to mention "only" serious answers need be summited ?Florida or California ,which is the better state?And give me your top 3 favorite states in America.

Thank you

Why?

You are already in the 2nd richest earning state in the Union. Why do you want to move away from it.

Toss a coin.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you like the out doors, don't have to worry about what type of occupation your in, then maine really isn't that bad a place, especially if you can afford to send kids to private school or live in certain cities.

Of the two states you listed though, I'd choose california because it's a bigger hub for the type of work I'm in.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Thank you
Hurricanes? or Earthquakes? Hmmmmm......

Oregon for top favorite State.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Did I forget to mention "only" serious answers need be summited ?Florida or California ,which is the better state?
Thank you
That question is not answerable beyond a matter of opinion. You aren't giving anyone much to work with, either. What are you looking for in a place to move to? In case you hadn't noticed, California is a vast state all by itself, containing coastal regions, deserts, mountains, forests, small towns, huge cities... If your questions were less vague you might get more useful answers.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Blissful ignorance is the best state for living in the US so I wouldn't bother asking for more information - just move.

It's Margaritaville down here so we're in a constant state of vacation.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Oh, sorry - I must have missed the announcement of your take-over of the boards and your new rules.

If we have to be serious, I would say California as that's where my wife and kids live and I like seeing them occassionally so living in FL would be a pain. The price of housing is a bitch but that's balanced by allowing a shorter commute to work (FL is about 2,500 miles from where I work).

Of course, if you'd like to mention some other criteria that might be important to your decision you may get more useful answers.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, sorry - I must have missed the announcement of your take-over of the boards and your new rules.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:42 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Did I forget to mention "only" serious answers need be summited?
Everywhere is a serious answer for someone, and for others the US isn't the best place for them, so no answer would be serious - it just depends on your tastes, interests, preferences, personal life, career (or job), whatever...
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:10 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Ok ,California seems to be leading the vote getter.One because he wants to actually be near his family .Who says love is just a four letter word? For the record I'm in Florida been here for about a year +.Like it here just not sure how it stacks up over all to California.

I do like the fact that living on the east coast allows a much shorter commute to Europe. Orlando Florida is a nice city but I miss having scenery around me.No mountains or ocean to look at here.Maybe that is why California leaps to mind.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the fact that living on the east coast allows a much shorter commute to Europe. Orlando Florida is a nice city but I miss having scenery around me.No mountains or ocean to look at here.Maybe that is why California leaps to mind.
I went to San Francisco a few weeks ago, that coastal road they have in California (not sure of the name) has beautiful scenery.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

me too

I was going to say South Africa or Iraq

California is a fair-sized state - pretty expensive. For LA: beaches, views, sunny weather, loads of malls, movie stars. Against LA: earthquakes, plastic surgery people, Arnie.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I went to San Francisco a few weeks ago, that coastal road they have in California (not sure of the name) has beautiful scenery.
PCH?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally
PCH?
I think that's it, the bit I went on was called the Shoreline Highway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific...Redwood_Empire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.