Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call home?

Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call home?

Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call ho

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Tucson is not nearly as bad as Phoenix.
Yeah, it is cooler than Phoenix. However, if someone truly wants to enjoy AZ, one of the best places is Flagstaff. Up in the mountains. Even the summers are gorgeous there!
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:11 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best state in America to live,California or Florida?And 2nd best state to call ho

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
What other states are excellent choices in your opinion?
inebriation
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:22 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
I see what you mean, I've just noticed that his username is yankee moving abroad.. under his username says that he is in NJ but he mentioned that he lives in Florida ... maybe he thinks California is abroad?.. He appears to be one of those Americans without a map!

Sorry if I confused any of you.My intension for posting this thread was to gain a better understanding of how some of you might view various states in America.Nothing more.Hope I didn't offend any sensitive senseabilities.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:27 am
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If I remember correctly he's moved around the US quite a bit. He was thinking about moving to the UK...Manchester...for 6 months a year...or maybe it was someone else.
Correct.Good memory.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:32 am
Banned

To try to get an unbiased opinion? Well, at least possibly less biased than most....

if I were going for scenery, and I didn't *need* the coast, then maybe Colorado or North Carolina; West Virginia is gorgeous. If you don't have to work, you can't get much better than the Rockies or the Appalachians or perhaps the Sierra Nevada range.
Wonderful to read a response from a intelligent thoughtful person from the UK.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:07 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well.... I'm flattered, but I'm also honest. I'm American.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Yeah, it is cooler than Phoenix. However, if someone truly wants to enjoy AZ, one of the best places is Flagstaff. Up in the mountains. Even the summers are gorgeous there!
My parents live in Sedona - beautiful city - though unless you're retired or an artist, I don't think there's much in the way of employment.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Sep 1st 2007, 3:53 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Don't forget Arizona. Gorgeous, open state...
But isn't Arizona one of the leading states for urban sprawl growth? Or is that NM? I always get the two confused...
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You'd better hope I don't come to Texas and meet up with Amy.
Why not? I love to meet new people.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

a intelligent thoughtful person from the UK.
Oxymoron, eh?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

JacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud of

Sorry if I confused any of you.My intension for posting this thread was to gain a better understanding of how some of you might view various states in America.Nothing more.Hope I didn't offend any sensitive senseabilities.
Hi, This is my first time on here. I have lived in Maine, California, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and have visited about 40 of the 50 states. I now live in God's Country, South West Missouri. It is absolutly gorgeous, we are on a huge lake, with fabulous scenery and four seasons. Low cost of living and low taxes.
Try it you might like it.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:38 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JacknJill
Hi, This is my first time on here. I have lived in Maine, California, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and have visited about 40 of the 50 states. I now live in God's Country, South West Missouri. It is absolutly gorgeous, we are on a huge lake, with fabulous scenery and four seasons. Low cost of living and low taxes.
I expect you'll have company soon.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JacknJill
Isn't that a Frankie Howerd line?

Welcome to the site
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:31 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

You impostor! Get out of here at once!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.