Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bellvill Michigan

Bellvill Michigan

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bellvill Michigan

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Be aware that a section of Interstate 75 in downtown Detroit is closed in both directions as part of a huge construction project. Some local streets in the area are closed as well.
can you get around via the Lodge and Davison still?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
can you get around via the Lodge and Davison still?
I don't know... the missus and I were there last March to get our Nexus passes. The highway wasn't shut at that time, but the exit we needed was

Add to that local road closings, redirections, and poor signs, it's a miracle we found the place. We were almost on the bridge to Canada before I realized that my map didn't match the local conditions.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

jakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nice
Default Re: Bellville Michigan

Will i need both parts of my u.k licence or just the photo bit?? is insurance included in car hire? is sat nav extra charge? also do they take deposit first?
do they have mileage allowance
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:09 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bellville Michigan

Originally Posted by jakedamuss
Will i need both parts of my u.k licence or just the photo bit?? is insurance included in car hire? is sat nav extra charge? also do they take deposit first?
do they have mileage allowance
how old are you?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

jakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nice

33 is that old enough
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:35 pm
@matthewb76

33 is that old enough
yeah mate, under 25 and it's costs a bomb.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ah on another thought do you think my u.k car insurance cover me to drive another persons car, that way i probably wont need to hire??
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:41 pm
@matthewb76

Ah on another thought do you think my u.k car insurance cover me to drive another persons car, that way i probably wont need to hire??
in Michigan, you would be covered under their insurance to drive their car.

you're British insurance won't help.

but you would be covered under the owner of the car so long as they have insurance.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

in Michigan, you would be covered under their insurance to drive their car.

you're British insurance won't help.

but you would be covered under the owner of the car so long as they have insurance.
so if i would be covered if i drive someone elses car as long as they have insurance is??
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:51 pm
@matthewb76

so if i would be covered if i drive someone elses car as long as they have insurance is??
yes,

in michigan, it's the car that is insured.

they don't do the named driver thing.

so as long as you have permission to drive, you're covered.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

yes,

in michigan, it's the car that is insured.

they don't do the named driver thing.

so as long as you have permission to drive, you're covered.
That is good to know... i wondered how that would work. My sister and her boyfriend may come visit me. I have a second car available for them to use I wasn't sure if I would have to get extra insurance with him not having a MI license.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

EXCELLENT that save a bit of money on not hiring thanx Manc for some great info..
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
That is good to know... i wondered how that would work. My sister and her boyfriend may come visit me. I have a second car available for them to use I wasn't sure if I would have to get extra insurance with him not having a MI license.
If you want to play it really safe my parents asked my insurance agent to give them a letter stating that they were insured to drive our cars while visiting...a bit OTT IMO but you know what oldies are like
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:23 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by lisa67
If you want to play it really safe my parents asked my insurance agent to give them a letter stating that they were insured to drive our cars while visiting...a bit OTT IMO but you know what oldies are like
that's what you pay him for.