Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bellvill Michigan

Bellvill Michigan

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

jakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nice
Default Bellvill Michigan

Hi to all members i am new to this site but i hope some off you can help me.
I travelling to Belleville Michigan on the 15 feb to see my sister and new baby boy. What is there to see and do. i know there aint much in belleville to do. Is there any near by towns that i can maybe drive to forgot to mention i'm from u.k. Weather wise is it cold or bloody freezing!!

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bellvill Michigan

Originally Posted by jakedamuss
Hi to all members i am new to this site but i hope some off you can help me.
I travelling to Belleville Michigan on the 15 feb to see my sister and new baby boy. What is there to see and do. i know there aint much in belleville to do. Is there any near by towns that i can maybe drive to forgot to mention i'm from u.k. Weather wise is it cold or bloody freezing!!

yes freezing.

presume you'll have a car

Greenfield Village

a Day in Canada

Catch an NHL game at the Stanley Cups Champs Detroit Red Wings

Ann Arbor is down the road......

There are various galleries and museums in Detroit....... (I never went to none mind you)

Detroit Pistons play basketball in northern Detroit suburb of Auburn Hills.

and lets face it........ a trip south of 7 mile might be a good looksee, but only during the daylight hours kapiche?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

and lets face it........ a trip south of 7 mile might be a good looksee, but only during the daylight hours kapiche?
Hmm..you peaked my interest now Manc. What might you be referring to in your last statement?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Hmm..you peaked my interest now Manc. What might you be referring to in your last statement?
Mowtown wasn't music born from prosperity........
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh..gotcha. Being unfamiliar with the area, wasn't sure what you were talking about, now I understand.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Motown even. As in Motor Town?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

jakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nicejakedamuss is just really nice

Cheers guys for response... what about driving conditions for first timer in US will it be o.k or not recommended cause of the weather. Here in the u.k we cannot cope with a bit of snow all hell breaks lose

how about public transport would that be better than a car?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:18 pm
@matthewb76

how about public transport would that be better than a car?
drive.

there is no public transport worth a toss in Metro Detroit.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Manc so driving is the best way to get about, its just that i'm worried about the weather conditions and would it be suitable for me as its my first time in states
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc so driving is the best way to get about, its just that i'm worried about the weather conditions and would it be suitable for me as its my first time in states
well, you can't halt the weather, and if they get slammed with snow they get slammed.

They get the plows and salt shakers out pretty sharpish though.

don't worry about the driving seriously, it's no biggy.. just remember that at red lights, you are allowed to turn right when clear unless a sign says otherwise.

How long you going for?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

10 days.
just want to make the most of my stay there get out and about see different places if weather permits. is the snow quite heavy in mid feb.. Also if i wanted to go canada how many miles would it be
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:38 pm
@matthewb76

10 days.
just want to make the most of my stay there get out and about see different places if weather permits. is the snow quite heavy in mid feb.. Also if i wanted to go canada how many miles would it be

it's about 25 miles from Belleville to Windsor Ontario

if you drive towards Detroit on I-94 you'll see signs off the freeway.

It'll get you another stamp in your passport and not a bad town to mooch about in.

also go onto www.ticketmaster.com and see if the Detroit Red Wings or Detroit Pistons are playing at home while you're there.
American Sports may or may not interest you, but it's worth the experience.

The best Mall for shopping I'd advise is Somerset Mall. which is in northern Detroit, Exit 69 on I-75 in the suburb of Troy.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

how about car hire any tips there? which car to choose?

How about any local pubs or bars that i might wanna go to
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:55 pm
@matthewb76

how about car hire any tips there? which car to choose?

How about any local pubs or bars that i might wanna go to
car hire, pick and choose from any at Metro Airport.........
ask for a garmin too, will come in dead handy for a newbie.

as for bars, when I used to hang out around Canton, which isn't too far from Belleville I used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings....... it's a chain establishment and hardly anything I'd endorse tro a tourist wanting a "cheers" experience.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that a section of Interstate 75 in downtown Detroit is closed in both directions as part of a huge construction project. Some local streets in the area are closed as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.