BBCAmerica

Old Jul 1st 2003, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Smesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBCAmerica

Does anyone have it & is it any good? I only have basic cable with the least # of channels avble (got to have HBO though) I'd have to have about a hundred other channels if i wanted BBC America apparently. I went on the web site & didn't recognise half the names of the shows.....was looking for Coronation Street & Top of The Pops. Is it worth bothering with?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Smesa is an unknown quantity at this point

note to self : Coronation Street is on ITV not BBC, that's probably why I couldn't find it. Just saving you all the job :lecture:
Old Jul 1st 2003, 3:06 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBCAmerica

Originally posted by Smesa
Does anyone have it & is it any good? I only have basic cable with the least # of channels avble (got to have HBO though) I'd have to have about a hundred other channels if i wanted BBC America apparently. I went on the web site & didn't recognise half the names of the shows.....was looking for Coronation Street & Top of The Pops. Is it worth bothering with?
I have it and still don't know why. Its all the same shows all the time, Graham norton, changing rooms, the alan tidmarsh one, that one with "cheap as chips" wanker, coupling and the Office. They cut everything (like all the US channels) so there is no swearing or nudity.

TOTP is on but I keep missing it. Eastenders is on every saturday afternoon. The best thing is the news, thats worth getting it for alone even though it is the world news but it is much better than any american news channel.

They don't show things like Match of the day or any of the cool BBC documentaries (Just before I left the UK they advertised a documentary about Sir Bobby and was hoping they would show that over here) - it is less a reminder of home but rather a showcase of british shows in the US. I still have no plans to get rid of it though

Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Its ok if you like Changing Rooms and Groundforce, one or two good shows but on the whole it sucks. It is not dedicated to BBC shows 'So Graham Norton' is shown and that was a Channel 4 show.

Dont know where Corrie is shown, certainly not on BBCA

Rob
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance has BBC America. It's worth having just for The Office I don't recall them cutting anything from that though.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

We have it, but as I have no desire to watch changing rooms and add to that, that I am finally bored with watching Charlie Dimmocks bra less boobs flop about, I never watch it. Infact, I do not watch much other than the ESPN channels
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:12 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by robclews
Its ok if you like Changing Rooms and Groundforce
My wife, bless her little Anglophile socks, thinks it's the greatest channel ever because of those two shows alone
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pimpbot
We have it, but as I have no desire to watch changing rooms and add to that, that I am finally bored with watching Charlie Dimmocks bra less boobs flop about, I never watch it. Infact, I do not watch much other than the ESPN channels
Finally bored ? What took you so long ?

Cheers
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Finally bored ? What took you so long ?

Cheers
Er.. male hormones and boobs! Not much of a boat race though.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

It is worth having for some programmes. Red Cap has just started last night. 2 hr premier. I quite enjoyed that. There are repeat after repeat of Changing Rooms and Ground Force. Also have home front in the garden, what not to wear, SGN. Every afternoon at 2pm they have a different show - Inspector Morse, Murder in Mind, Monarch of the Glen and a few others.
Mrs Bucket is on endless repeats as well as AbFab and many others.

The main reason I get it is for EastEnders, unfortunately they do not show any other Brit soaps.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:18 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

My girlfriend is American and swears that Charlie Dimmock and her amazing braless boobs are the sole reason that she continues to subscribe to BBCA!
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Rockgurl
My girlfriend is American and swears that Charlie Dimmock and her amazing braless boobs are the sole reason that she continues to subscribe to BBCA!
Surely those are 2 reasons ? Although I think she is a one trick pony.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

But that one trick was way better than anything Paul Daniels ever pulled out of a hat.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:39 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

It's worth it for me- you have to put up with stooopid commercials though...and I switch off when they start they're endless runs of changing rooms (crap) etc...but the good progs we can get are worth paying for (and to think I used to grumble about the TV licence back home ). Eastenders omnibus is on every Sat afternoon (we're two weeks behind UK)..hated it when I lived in UK but never miss it now lol! I love Parky, Wire in the blood, the Office, Coupling, also loved British Men behaving badly. Monarch of the Glen was good too and there was an excellent two part drama on Saturday night called Tipping the Velvet. One good thing is when they show a mini-series- you usually get all the episodes back to back. Best of all is the news- US news is totally biased and full of propoganda- BBC World news is the only one I trust for the truth these days.
I used to have BBC AM on cable but since we moved house I get it on Direct TV- much cheaper.

Last edited by Taffyles; Jul 2nd 2003 at 9:51 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.