Reload this Page >

B2 Visa and obtaining State ID Card

B2 Visa and obtaining State ID Card

Old Jul 8th 2013, 11:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B2 Visa and obtaining State ID Card

Originally Posted by cybernet1969
With regard to point 2, are they likely to ask where you got the firearm from ?

Mark
I can ask people who travel with their guns, never heard it mentioned.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

cybernet1969 will become famous soon enoughcybernet1969 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boiler
I can ask people who travel with their guns, never heard it mentioned.
Thank you very much.

I found a really funny article on the ATF website about an Australian called Elie Malkoun who was visiting on a non-immigrant visa. He was stopped by the cops for a driving offence and later charged with having a firearm without a valid exception. He was then further charged with being in the US illegally as he lied on his VISA application about ever being arrested. Previously he had spent 12 years in an Australian prison for dealing/smuggling heroine.

- No valid hunting license.
- Lied on his visa application.

Was sentenced to 4 years and will then be deported.

Its not funny really but I couldn't believe someone could be so stupid. If he had a valid hunting license then none of the other things may of come to light. But I guess under the law he was already guilty the moment he stepped foot on US soil.

Mark

Last edited by cybernet1969; Jul 8th 2013 at 1:33 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

Probably the VWP thing would not have come up, seems many forget about their criminal history.

Nice to see he got he comeuppance.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

cybernet1969 will become famous soon enoughcybernet1969 will become famous soon enough

Probably the VWP thing would not have come up, seems many forget about their criminal history.

Nice to see he got he comeuppance.
Yeah, probably came out of prison in Australia and thinks, I need a holiday in the US.

All he had to-do was apply for a proper VISA ($160) and get a $60 non-resident hunting license.

That has now turned into one expensive holiday all round.

HaHa

Mark
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

He could have certainly applied....
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

He could have certainly applied....
Yeah, I doubt it would have been granted though with that drug offence and long prison term.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I doubt it would have been granted though with that drug offence and long prison term.
I suspect the stiff sentence was given for a felon in possession of a firearm and possibly they found drugs in his car which compounds the crime.

I suspect that if he had a clean record and wasn't doing anything else illegal, little would have happened. Sometimes the crime that a person is convicted off is not the crime that law enforcement is concerned about but it is the easiest to get a conviction for and then they go for the maximum penalty on that charge (ex. Al Capone).
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael
I suspect the stiff sentence was given for a felon in possession of a firearm and possibly they found drugs in his car which compounds the crime.

I suspect that if he had a clean record and wasn't doing anything else illegal, little would have happened. Sometimes the crime that a person is convicted off is not the crime that law enforcement is concerned about but it is the easiest to get a conviction for and then they go for the maximum penalty on that charge (ex. Al Capone).
Looking at the ATF website there seems to be allot of prosecutions/convictions for non-immigrants in possession of a firearm without a valid hunting license. Especially Mexicans.

The hunting license can be from any state. I think Alaska has the cheapest ones for non-residents being $30 per annum. Most of them can be obtained over the internet. Texas is WAY TOO much for a foreigner, over $300 per annum.

Last edited by cybernet1969; Jul 8th 2013 at 6:18 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the ATF website there seems to be allot of prosecutions/convictions for non-immigrants in possession of a firearm without a valid hunting license. Especially Mexicans.
I'll bet most of those were drug runners, gang members, or human traffickers.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Gangbangers
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The hunting license can be from any state. I think Alaska has the cheapest ones for non-residents being $30 per annum. Most of them can be obtained over the internet. Texas is WAY TOO much for a foreigner, over $300 per annum.
You should be very careful transporting your firearm to/from your hunting expeditions. Should you cross state lines you can get into big mess even when trying to do everything legally. See: people flying into and out of NY with legally held/permitted firearms.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
You should be very careful transporting your firearm to/from your hunting expeditions. Should you cross state lines you can get into big mess even when trying to do everything legally. See: people flying into and out of NY with legally held/permitted firearms.
NY is very strict even for Americans about bringing firearms into the state.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael
I'll bet most of those were drug runners, gang members, or human traffickers.
Probably, although you would think that someone would just tell them to get a hunting license, at least then they might not get asked so many questions when stopped. But I guess being caught with a van full of weapons trying to cross the border wouldn't matter. Your going to JAIL.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I personally will be going UK to Florida, Arizona, Nevada.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably, although you would think that someone would just tell them to get a hunting license, at least then they might not get asked so many questions when stopped. But I guess being caught with a van full of weapons trying to cross the border wouldn't matter. Your going to JAIL.
They were probably felons that illegally crossed the border. If they apply for a hunting license and lie about their record, law enforcement will get them that way or if they apply and it is found out that they are illegal and/or a felon, they'll be deported. When someone has a long trail of illegal activities, they try to stay away from law enforcement and take their chances.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.