Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Automated" traffic tickets in Phoenix - ignore?

"Automated" traffic tickets in Phoenix - ignore?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Automated" traffic tickets in Phoenix - ignore?

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Your choice of words are very freudian, but to answer your question, it's not letting them shaft you, it's paying the penalty for whatever wrongdoing you were found to have done.
He hasn't been found guilty of any wrongdoing. In fact, he hasn't even been called to court yet to answer the charge. You're jumping the gun.

As I have stated before, the accused was found to have committed an offence under LAW. That carries a penalty. It's not a case of feeling guilt for doing nothing, it's a case of manning up to the consequences of a persons actions.
Again, the criminal Steerpike is only a criminal in your mind. He has his due process rights to protect him from his government. At this moment in time, we don't even have a case to answer. In Blighty it may well be possible for some corporate drone to be judge, jury and executioner on the state's behalf. You're in America, now so do try and live up to the ideals! Remember that if you naturalize you must show an affinity for the Constitution. With time, it may grow on you.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Nope -- I'm linking my thoughts directly to the Constitution.

Nice list here of the procedural laws for service by States.

Using above, we need to find Texas Rule 106 -- and it looks like they can mail them out. Bummer, eh?
Funny that. I had a glimmer of a memory when I was responding earlier about the state (Texas) requiring towing companies (contracted by the city) to (1) tag the vehicle with a warning and then (2) follow up with a certified letter before they could actually tow the vehicle. This was a conversation I had with a cop when trying to get an abandoned vehicle removed from the parking lot where I worked at the time. The point was null as it turned out the vehicle had been reported stolen and as part of a criminal case they were able to tow it immediately. Regardless, it sounds as if the towing companies were required to follow the letter of the law. Not necessarily the case with my tickets though - I never received the certified letter.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:28 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, the criminal Steerpike is only a criminal in your mind. He has his due process rights to protect him from his government. At this moment in time, we don't even have a case to answer.
While I whole heartedly agree with you on due process, FB, I have to say, I would have paid money to see the phrase "the criminal Steerpike" in print!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:33 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
While I whole heartedly agree with you on due process, FB, I have to say, I would have paid money to see the phrase "the criminal Steerpike" in print!
I've read too much le Carre! The Spy Who Came From The Cold is the best spy novel ever written.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:34 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I never received the certified letter.
Maybe you voluntarily accepted process, instead?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:42 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Drew.Dean
Arizona has two different types of traffic tickets. Off the freeways the ticket are issued under the authority of the local municipal authority, while those on the freeways are issued under the authority of the state DPS. The state issued tickets on the freeways are purely a fine and can probably be ignored, while those from the City Courts can include points on your license or traffic schools and should not be ignored.
If you ignore the ticket from the city do not be surprised if a process server appears and you end up with a court date.
If the process server gets you, you'll have to deal with it. Cost you a few bucks extra since they'll tack the charge on. But the chances of them getting to you are small before the clock runs out.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you voluntarily accepted process, instead?
I'd say yes.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:55 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read too much le Carre! The Spy Who Came From The Cold is the best spy novel ever written.
I thought he returned to form a few years ago, too. Have you read Declare, by Tim Powers?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:58 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'd say yes.
Hence my advice here in Arizona....to do nothing!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:38 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

He hasn't been found guilty of any wrongdoing. In fact, he hasn't even been called to court yet to answer the charge. You're jumping the gun.

Again, the criminal Steerpike is only a criminal in your mind. He has his due process rights to protect him from his government. At this moment in time, we don't even have a case to answer. In Blighty it may well be possible for some corporate drone to be judge, jury and executioner on the state's behalf. You're in America, now so do try and live up to the ideals! Remember that if you naturalize you must show an affinity for the Constitution. With time, it may grow on you.
It is you who is jumping the gun. If you read what i said, I chose my words carefully and never once mentioned the fact that he was guilty, You did hence your jumping the gun. I carefully said any wrongdoing you were found to have done. This would possibly require there day in court or could simply be an admission [as steerpike has already done], so there is a case to answer. And again, at no time did I refer to steerpike or anyone as a criminal. I wholeheartedly support anyone to exercise their rights when necessary, but when the evidence is overwhelming, accept the consequences.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:45 am
Septicity

He committed the offence and admitted he committed the offence.
It is you who is jumping the gun. If you read what i said, I chose my words carefully and never once mentioned the fact that he was guilty,
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:48 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I thought he returned to form a few years ago, too. Have you read Declare, by Tim Powers?
Nope -- I'll bung it on my library list.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:14 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He committed the offence and admitted he committed the offence.

Quote:
It is you who is jumping the gun. If you read what i said, I chose my words carefully and never once mentioned the fact that he was guilty,

And your point?? As I said, I never mentioned he was guilty, only that he committed / admitted the offence in his own words. Not the same thing. I have no knowledge nor would I comment on his guilt or not. I don't have all of the facts.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:46 pm
Septicity

And your point?? As I said, I never mentioned he was guilty, only that he committed / admitted the offence in his own words. Not the same thing. I have no knowledge nor would I comment on his guilt or not. I don't have all of the facts.
So you just believe that he committed the offense, he admitted he committed the offense, and he should pay the fine now. But apart from that you don't think he's guilty. Have we got your true stand on this issue now? Because I'm buggered if I can understand what the hell you actually mean.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets just cut out the middleman (the jury!) and go straight to the Judge and sentencing then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.