Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Authorization of Employment

Authorization of Employment

Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Durhams is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Authorization of Employment

Did any of you who have applied for this have to show your marriage licence?

I am here on an L2 Visa and applied for my AOE back on 10th of September and had a letter yesterday to say that they could not process my application as I did not send my marriage licence!! The form did not say that I need to send this. No other wives of the guys who work in my husbands office have been asked to produce this

Does this mean I will have to wait another 6 months to get my AOE and drive here without an Illinois driving licence
Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:47 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I had to send my marriage license when I applied but that's because my application was due to me being married to a US citizen.

Usually, if they require any documents, they would ask for them to be submitted. I assume you application was not refused and that they simply need to see the license?

As far as the driving license goes, check with you State's laws. Here in Georgia, I can get a driving license by proving I am in status and that I do not have a SSN as yet. I can then get a driving license without it.

Contact your local DMV and ask them.