Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Audi service Balls up

Audi service Balls up

Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:58 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Audi service Balls up

:curse:

Just had our Audi serviced at local dealership, drove home, noticed a trail of oil up the driveway S...O....A....B!

Called the dealers, got a tech here in 45mins - he wanted to drive it back, I told him to ferk off, it was going on a low loader or not moving at all.

They have just left to bring a new seal which he assures me will fix the problem, then they'll stick a quart of oil in before taking it back to clean her up.

Now I asked them to get the dealership manager to call me - what you thing I should ask for....I want the driveway cleaning (house is only 9 months old) I'm thinking of going for the 4 year service package $650, might ask for 50% off????
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:07 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Audi service Balls up

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
:curse:

Just had our Audi serviced at local dealership, drove home, noticed a trail of oil up the driveway S...O....A....B!

Called the dealers, got a tech here in 45mins - he wanted to drive it back, I told him to ferk off, it was going on a low loader or not moving at all.

They have just left to bring a new seal which he assures me will fix the problem, then they'll stick a quart of oil in before taking it back to clean her up.

Now I asked them to get the dealership manager to call me - what you thing I should ask for....I want the driveway cleaning (house is only 9 months old) I'm thinking of going for the 4 year service package $650, might ask for 50% off????
Je-yee-sus.

What did you have done originally?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:10 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

It's first service!

it was an oil change and quick check, they did it while me and the kids had a Bob Evans breakfast mmmmmmmm.

Looks like the gasket on the oil filter was broken.

waiting for them to return with a new seal.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:20 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's first service!

it was an oil change and quick check, they did it while me and the kids had a Bob Evans breakfast mmmmmmmm.

Looks like the gasket on the oil filter was broken.

waiting for them to return with a new seal.
...or they didn't tighten it down correctly!

I don't think asking them to pay for a power wash of your drive is out of order. Oil will soak in quick. Raise the question etc when you pick up your car.. infront of customers. Any agreements - get a copy of it in writing from the relevent dept head etc.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:26 pm
Carmel Indiana

I aint planning on picking it up, they can deliver it!!

I already tried powerwashing the drive, 80% gone, they said brake cleaner will clear it up - we shall see!!

waiting for the call from da boss.

i think the serivice package discount might sooth my disappointment!

day off work wasted as i'm stuck in the house.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:56 pm
Carmel Indiana

well the brake cleaner didn't work!

gonna be interesting to see how they get it cleaned up!

car has gone back for checks and a steam clean.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:05 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

well the brake cleaner didn't work!

gonna be interesting to see how they get it cleaned up!

car has gone back for checks and a steam clean.
brake cleaner is good for many applications... as well as kitty litter. h/ever most likely it soaked in. and :curse: go with the presentation with they were the last one to work on the car blah, blah. ofcourse they'll try and wiggle out of it etc.

they're steaming it to check for further leaks... oil pan, main seal etc... you watch - they're going to say to you - oh, we've found the problem... its such and such and was'nt the filter. B'lox. odds that it leaking all over the shot immediately after they worked on it..... get a lottery ticket instead.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Things to ask for.

1. A full tank
2. Cleaning of the drive
3. Free service package. If you get it then great, if not negotiate the price down.
4. Any fixes they need to do for this cost nothing to you
5. Car wash
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:41 pm
Carmel Indiana

Just got offa the blower with the service manager.

they have taken it back into the dealership (porche audi).

they are sending out a cleaning crew to sort out the drive.

They have agreed to discount the 3 year service package.

don't care where the leak came from, it's only done 5k miles, I bought it brand new from them. Apart from this, the car has been amazing