Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Arriving at airport process of green card

Arriving at airport process of green card

Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Tonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really nice
Default Re: Arriving at airport process of green card

I asked my doctor for promethazine for my daughter as its suitable for 2 year olds. 1 spoon for travel sickness, 3-4 spoons for a sedative for a 2 year old according to the instructiosn that came with it. My daughter was ok for the first hour of the flight before i gave her some, it put her to sleep 30 mins later, she slept for 4-5hrs. she was only noisy last 2 hours of the flight, but it is designed to sedate 2 year olds so they wouldnt make it for that purpose if it wasnt safe, everyone pays a lot of money for there flight and 10hrs of screaming isnt fair to everyone, alternatively if there was a risk with the medication then i would just put up with her, of course as stated adults can make more noise than the kids on the flight lol, the queue at the airport on arrive yesterday was a nightmare, must of been 4 or 5 international flights had to queue over an hour
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I agree... stop all the drugs now ...
Just Taze the noisy little shits on all aircraft
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyuk
I asked my doctor for promethazine for my daughter as its suitable for 2 year olds. 1 spoon for travel sickness, 3-4 spoons for a sedative for a 2 year old according to the instructiosn that came with it. My daughter was ok for the first hour of the flight before i gave her some, it put her to sleep 30 mins later, she slept for 4-5hrs. she was only noisy last 2 hours of the flight, but it is designed to sedate 2 year olds so they wouldnt make it for that purpose if it wasnt safe, everyone pays a lot of money for there flight and 10hrs of screaming isnt fair to everyone, alternatively if there was a risk with the medication then i would just put up with her, of course as stated adults can make more noise than the kids on the flight lol, the queue at the airport on arrive yesterday was a nightmare, must of been 4 or 5 international flights had to queue over an hour
To be honest I'm amazed that anyone would give their child a sedative for no good medical reason.

Why can't you entertain your child on the flight and teach them to behave rather than relying on a drug
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
To be honest I'm amazed that anyone would give their child a sedative for no good medical reason.
I'm not sure this isn't a good medical reason... it certainly is an ounce of prevention rather than a pound of cure - which, if you're anything like me (which I doubt, BTW) would be putting the child over the lap and administering a swift series of spankings! If a child is going to fuss on an airplane, by god he's damn well going to have a reason to fuss!

Why can't you entertain your child on the flight and teach them to behave rather than relying on a drug
Thanks for the chuckle.

Ian
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

I couldn't agree more. Why assume they are going to scream the whole way? Mine were always happy and interested on the plane.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm not sure this isn't a good medical reason... it certainly is an ounce of prevention rather than a pound of cure - which, if you're anything like me (which I doubt, BTW) would be putting the child over the lap and administering a swift series of spankings! If a child is going to fuss on an airplane, by god he's damn well going to have a reason to fuss!

Thanks for the chuckle.

Ian
What a stupid response.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really nice

its pick on Ian day by the looks of it but the medicine was prescribed for a valid reason 2 flights a day 10:25am and 1:30pm both inconvenient with anyone who has a young child, and she only took it when she got cranky and disruptive to everyone, not just for the sake of it
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Name:  eek.gif
Views: 117
Size:  1.0 KB