Reload this Page >

applying for EAD

applying for EAD

Old May 12th 2006, 2:46 am
Just Joined

rk164 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default applying for EAD

Hi,

I will be applying for an EAD based on L2 visa. If I get someone (spouse) to prepare and file the form on my behalf, do I still need to sign the section labelled "your certification"? Or is it enough for the person preparing the form to sign the section labelled "signature of person preparing form"?

I intend to go home after filing, is it advisable to file it myself or get my spouse to do it?

Many thanks

rk
Old May 12th 2006, 3:03 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for EAD

Originally Posted by rk164
Hi,

I will be applying for an EAD based on L2 visa. If I get someone (spouse) to prepare and file the form on my behalf, do I still need to sign the section labelled "your certification"? Or is it enough for the person preparing the form to sign the section labelled "signature of person preparing form"?

I intend to go home after filing, is it advisable to file it myself or get my spouse to do it?

Many thanks

rk

Not sure what you are asking. If you are applying for an EAD for yourself, it's you who has to sign and file it.

I think the 'person preparing the form' is meant for people who get a lawyer to do it for them. But you still have to sign the paperwork.
Old May 12th 2006, 3:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for EAD

There's a immigration forum which would be better suited to ask these questions...