Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Scotland..???

Anyone from Scotland..???

Old Oct 29th 2010, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Syrsa2C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from Scotland..???

Hi, I live in the town of Davie, Florida. Any Scots here?

Last edited by Syrsa2C; Oct 29th 2010 at 5:21 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from Scotland..???

Originally Posted by Syrsa2C
I'm Scottish but I don't live in Florida. I'm a bit further north.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

How long have you been living here, and where do you originally come from? I'm originally from Troon in Ayrshire. Been here for 18 years... Lived in Sweden before that, my hubby is Swedish. One son who is 34 years old, just got married on the 9th October.. :-))) They live in Seattle, that's where the lassie's from..
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been living here, and where do you originally come from? I'm originally from Troon in Ayrshire. Been here for 18 years... Lived in Sweden before that, my hubby is Swedish. One son who is 34 years old, just got married on the 9th October.. :-))) They live in Seattle, that's where the lassie's from..
Been here a year today. Originally from Edinburgh. Before I came here I spent 14 years in England as that is where my OH is from and where my kids were born. Not sure how long we will be in US for. I hope forever but it is not in my hands. Up to OH employers if they want to go for a GC for us.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Never been to Indiana, hubbys job landed us here. Are there mountains and forests? Here it's as flat as a pancake.. What do or did work at? I work in IKEA here, just a regular co-worker. :-0
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Indiana is pretty flat too. OH misses hills. He enjoyed a drive we took from Indiana to Georgia in the summer as he saw all kinds of hills on the way!
I don't work as I am not allowed. On wrong kind of visa. The dreaded H4!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

We moved to Ohio 3 years ago from Bathgate - love it here. We got our Green Cards in the summer so hopefully we'll be here as long as they'll have us!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, There is an Aussie Kiwi Club local to you. http://aussiekiwiclub.com/

They have meetups at various places in the year. I think there is also a British club, I saw advertised at the "British Depot" on University Drive in Sunrise.

Hope this helps, I left a few months ago! But I am not Scottish either.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,
Thanks for replying.. I'll have a look at the British store and see if I can find the add for the British Womens group..
Cheers,
Sandra
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:56 pm
IRJ
Forum Regular

IRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really nice

http://www.rampantscotland.com/features/societies.htm
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

Thanks for the info.. I'll follow up on it!
Are you Scottish yourself??

Cheers..
Here's tae us, whae's like us..?
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:36 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Used to be, moved from Inverness to Miami now live in the Carolinas.

Check out the Scottish American Society of South Florida

http://sassf.org/wp/
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:56 pm
IRJ
Forum Regular

IRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really niceIRJ is just really nice

My 4 grandparent are each from
England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
I was born near Liverpool and live in NJ. Soon perhaps to move to one of those nice lakes near Charlotte...
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:44 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IRJ
My 4 grandparent are each from
England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
I was born near Liverpool and live in NJ. Soon perhaps to move to one of those nice lakes near Charlotte...

Did you decide which lake?
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fsm
Used to be, moved from Inverness to Miami now live in the Carolinas.

Check out the Scottish American Society of South Florida

http://sassf.org/wp/
Thanks, will check it out.. My sister in law comes from Inverness..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.