Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone had success with I-601 waiver?

Anyone had success with I-601 waiver?

Old Nov 21st 2002, 11:51 am
Just Joined

MelindaKiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone had success with I-601 waiver?

I'm very concerned. My husband is a US citizen and we plan on moving our family to the US in 2004, using the K3 and K4 visa. However, I was convicted 11 1/2 years ago for possession over $1000.
Has anyone had success with the I601 waiver and how long did it take for the waiver to be approved?

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
Old Aug 30th 2003, 12:15 pm
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Red face Re: Anyone had success with I-601 waiver?

My i-601 has just been denied due to insufficient extreme hardship and now have 30 days to appeal. I have an overstay and now have a 10 year ban. My hubby is USC and we are in my home country of Australia. We have spent a fortune on an attorney - denied, however, we have many valid hardship points to find our attorney based our submission on financial hardship, nothing else and now the attorney would like $1500 for appeal - not likely. We are truly at a loss now. Apparently it is near impossible to win these kind of cases now. As I am sure anyone in the same predicament can agree, I wouldn't wish this stress upon anybody. With all we have already spent on visa applications, medicals, flights to consulate for interviews etc etc and then the attorney on top of all that, it's left us financially strapped. It would be great to hear of some success stories, even if we do not win the appeal it would be nice to know of some who have. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone had success with I-601 waiver?

Originally posted by MelindaKiah
I'm very concerned. My husband is a US citizen and we plan on moving our family to the US in 2004, using the K3 and K4 visa. However, I was convicted 11 1/2 years ago for possession over $1000.
Has anyone had success with the I601 waiver and how long did it take for the waiver to be approved?

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
There are a few of us on here that are waiting for decisions on I-601's at the moment. I agree with Hwarang - it is a very stressful process.
Can I suggest that you search the archives to read more.
You can PM me too if you want to.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 12:22 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hwarang
I have an overstay and now have a 10 year ban. My hubby is USC
Will the overstay count against you even if your hubby is a USC? What about the amnestys they have every couple of years?
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

If you want to pm me Hwarang, I will send you a copy of the 601 letters we filed. List EVERY single hardship you can think of, we covrered everything from the fact that my fiancée's mother would have to go into a home, through to the fact her distress at seeing her dog go into quarantine for 6 months, and the expense hat would incure.

Good Luck with the appeal
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 8:59 am
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter that my hubby is USC, we have to prove extreme hardship which in the eyes of BCIS, it's very hard. I'm not sure what the amnesties are. Anyone with any idea on that would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Sue
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by hwarang
My i-601 has just been denied due to insufficient extreme hardship and now have 30 days to appeal. I have an overstay and now have a 10 year ban. My hubby is USC and we are in my home country of Australia. We have spent a fortune on an attorney - denied, however, we have many valid hardship points to find our attorney based our submission on financial hardship, nothing else and now the attorney would like $1500 for appeal - not likely. We are truly at a loss now. Apparently it is near impossible to win these kind of cases now. As I am sure anyone in the same predicament can agree, I wouldn't wish this stress upon anybody. With all we have already spent on visa applications, medicals, flights to consulate for interviews etc etc and then the attorney on top of all that, it's left us financially strapped. It would be great to hear of some success stories, even if we do not win the appeal it would be nice to know of some who have. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Are you able to tell us what your listed hardships were so we can better understand your position and make comparisons?