Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone else hear or know about this???

Anyone else hear or know about this???

Old Apr 15th 2002, 6:34 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else hear or know about this???

I have been talking to my mom about this BC thing with having a state issued one. She was talking to a friend of hers tonight on the phone about this & she told my mom that because of the incident of Sept. 11th they are making it a requirement that anything you need that would require your BC that it has to be a state issued one that is certified.

Anyone hear about this???

So if this is the case it explains why now people are having to send in further proof that there a US citizen.

I do have a certified BC but need to make sure it was issued from the state & that it is the long form that they want. Gonna go see about this tomorrow. I hope mine is ok so I can finally get my petition in.
Old Apr 15th 2002, 5:40 pm
Rick

Default Re: Anyone else hear or know about this???

I have not heard about this - I know that the BC I sent with my petition was from the
county and we were told yesterday that we were approved.

Rick "PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have been talking to my mom about this BC thing with having a state issued one.
    > She was talking to a friend of hers tonight on the phone about this & she told my
    > mom that because of the incident of Sept. 11th they are making it a requirement
    > that anything you need that would require your BC that it has to be a state issued
    > one that is certified.
    >
    > Anyone hear about this???
    >
    > So if this is the case it explains why now people are having to send in further
    > proof that there a US citizen.
    >
    > I do have a certified BC but need to make sure it was issued from the state & that
    > it is the long form that they want. Gonna go see about this tomorrow. I hope mine
    > is ok so I can finally get my petition in.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 15th 2002, 8:40 pm
Aangiela

I haven't heard anything about this either. I didn't photocopy my bc. I figured
that my $5 was worth the hassle of getting an RFE and delaying the process. I
sent a certified copy from my county clerk's office to NSC and we were approved
with no hassles.

Angie

Old Apr 16th 2002, 3:16 am
Petey's Playmate

I took the certified copy of my BC to the government center today & asked them about it. If it was state issued & the long form & they said yes so I dont have to send in for another one. Thank god. I just wanted to make sure about the one I had.
Old Apr 16th 2002, 6:40 am
Shelley

I'm confused. I thought all Birth Certificates were issued by the State - even though
you can pick up a copy at your local county courthouse, with the county registrar
certifying it. I remember someone once posting that they tried to use a Certificate
of Birth that was issued by the hospital they were born at, but found this was the
wrong document. I have two different BCs - one that was issued a few weeks after my
birth, and one that I sent for a few years ago. Although they look very different,
they both say "State of Ohio, Hamilton County" on the top. My children, born in three
different counties, yet all their BCs simply say "State of Wisconsin" at the top.
Guess each state has different rules on keeping vital records. Take Care. Shelley

"PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I have been talking to my mom about this BC thing with having a state issued one.
    > She was talking to a friend of hers tonight on the phone about this & she told my
    > mom that because of the incident of Sept. 11th they are making it a requirement
    > that anything you need that would require your BC that it has to be a state issued
    > one that is certified.
    >
    > Anyone hear about this???
    >
    > So if this is the case it explains why now people are having to send in further
    > proof that there a US citizen.
    >
    > I do have a certified BC but need to make sure it was issued from the state & that
    > it is the long form that they want. Gonna go see about this tomorrow. I hope mine
    > is ok so I can finally get my petition in.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 16th 2002, 7:14 am
Petey's Playmate

It could be wrong but I thought I'd ask cause that might explain things. I know it is confusing. On my certified one it doesnt have state of minnesota at the top, it is towards the bottom with the seal embedded into the paper & then lists the clerk who certified it & such. So yeah they are different from state to state.

I just always thought that your BC the one with your foot prints on would be the one they want but guess not in some cases.
Old Apr 16th 2002, 8:10 pm
Shelley

"PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > It could be wrong but I thought I'd ask cause that might explain things. I know it
    > is confusing. On my certified one it doesnt have state of minnesota at the top, it
    > is towards the bottom with the seal embedded into the paper & then lists the clerk
    > who certified it & such. So yeah they are different from state to state.
    >
    > I just always thought that your BC the one with your foot prints on would be the
    > one they want but guess not in some cases.

No - the footprints are from the hospital - some give you a copy and some do not. I
didn't get the footprints when all my kids were born; one hospital just gave me a
card with a footprint, a different hospital gave me a pretty certificate with a
footprint and the hospital seal. These are not official records. Your footprints are
not registered with the State Department of Vital Records. Take Care. Shelley